Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My 2 yr old son appears just like the rest of them...

amother

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 8:12 am
but his behavior is very extreme. Either tantrumy or hyper. He had therapy for 1 yr and it really improved his play skills. (he was behind till 12 mths). Now he is up to par, his therapist is stopping to come see him since he has improved, though I as a mother know that he is very different from the rest of them (on the outside he appears regular looking -maybe a tad different, though his behavior is really irregular. I would like to send him to a special school etc.. but he wont be accepted since the therapist say his doing well.

(I have a 31/2 yr old so I know whats norm and not). I have been to a neurologist who mentioned everything appears to be fine.

Could he go to a mainstream school even though he is so diff?

I just want to do the best for him while he is still young -then have to deal with the problem when his older,and its more recognizable..........

Nomad

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 7:38 pm
im a big believer in mom's intuition.

can you get him a second evaluation?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 7:59 pm
Nomad - I have had several behavioral therapist coming to see my child, and they suggested I create a chart, and see if his behavior leads to a pattern of his emotions or what certain circumstance leads up to the emotions and then write it down....
I did not use it once since the behavior is so inconsistent.

I am intuitive! and it makes me sad that I cant help my son. He is so adorable K"H and I get frustrated that on one hand he can be so regular but then 2 min later......
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics