Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
The next decade...JANUARY 2010 babies club!!!!!
1  2  3  Next

Dini

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 10:33 am
So I was thinking that we can all share what is going on with our babies and help eachother out since we are all in the same stage.

I'll start, I think my baby has colic she cries and cries, tried mylacon and it did not work, I am thinking of gripe water, has anyone tried it?

neway baby is 4.5 weeks old now and we are loving her up Smile and trying to get some sleep in between....

MOMMYRN

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 8:17 am
hey, my baby is doing well B"H 5.5 weeks old now. she still gives me a hard time with breastfeeding, but were working around it. im having a bit of a rough time getting things organized but w/4 kids I guess it will take longer. hope all is well with e/o I'll post more when I get a chance

devy88

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 1:49 pm
my son is 3 weeks old and in the last few days has become our little fountain. you can't look at him without him throwing up/vomiting.

he's being bottle-fed only, we originally went with jj similiac and doc thought it was too heavy. we are now on enfamil gentlease lipil for 3 days...and he's sometimes ok for a few feedings and for a few feedigns he will just vomit/spit up EVERYTHING

we're gonna give it a few more days, might have to change to a hypoallergenic formula, which I'm not so crazy about (they're really expensive)

doc said it's prob not a reflux, 'cuz if it was he'd throw up everything that he ate-all the time

if anyone has had a similiar experience, I'd appreciate some advice

(I'd like to add, for the first 2 weeks he was totaly fine-barely spit up at all, it's the last week or so that he's been like this)

thank you

superjew

Post Fri, Feb 19 2010, 6:15 am
Hiii! I wanna join this club, even if my baby was born early - in December. Can I?!?! Pleaaasseee Tongue Out
My baby is 2 months old ka'h!! Cant believe how time flies. I could be the one that tells you whats to come hehe (even though every baby is different...but shhh I gotta sound good to be here!! Tongue Out)

Some days are easier then others.... Those other days is what makes me insane!
Dini, colic is more common then you can imagine. My son is too - I use gripe water - it works wonders!
But you know what helped him even more? SLEEP! I started being more in tune to his cries and noticed he is overtired when he's colic. I try to put him to sleep as soon as I notice any signs of drowsiness. Problem is he needs this whole rocking routine for him to fall asleep. HATE THAT! But as long as he doesn't cry Im sane. I think once the colic is better (they say 3 months, others say 4) I will start training him to fall asleep on his own. Im a bit nervous about that, but I've got time. For now I'd rather rock him then let him get overtired since that turns him crazzzy and colicy.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 20 2010, 7:03 pm
of course u can join superjew! Smile
why doesnt my little one sleep at night??? she eats every 2.5 to 3 hours but sometimes take 2 hours to fall back asleep!help! I am losing my sanity!

CAYA

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 10:38 am
now nobody please be jealous! my baby is a little dolly keh keh keh! eats and sleeps bh, I had my share by my first child, u can go [crazy] with these colic babies but it passes!
she is 9 weeks now, smiles adorably! yesterday I almost ate her up alive, shes bh gaining beautifully. this past night she slept for like 7 hours straight, I woke up with two hard rocks, my breasts were sooo heavy I had to pump a little but bh for my little angel!

Dini

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 4:00 pm
hey super jew u r part of our club watta u talking about?! Thanks for the advise, I will see what I can do about putting her to sleep but I tried giving her gripe water 3x and she choked on it even tho I tried giving it to her different ways.

devy, I used JJ for my first baby and I also felt I was too heavy, I hope all works out with what you are using now.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 4:59 pm
Mazel Tov Dini!!
And everyone else in this club!

amother

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 5:08 pm
caya, wow. im very jealous!!! lol the most sleep I get is like 3 hrs a night lol

Love My Babes

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 7:05 pm
hi. joining in here...
BH my daughter is yummy! she is be'h good but she is still a baby lots of times too. u know, she likes to be held sometimes just because y not, but we love her and she is cute and getting fat!! KH

sporty

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 7:22 pm
I'm here. I read but rarely have the hands to post cause DS liks to be held a lot.
Last night I got 3 hours of sleep he was crying a ton.
I think he has either colic or reflux or he just will cry till hes 3 months like my dd did. Sooo hard I am falling asleep now but he's not!
Catch y'all soon!

CAYA

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 11:27 am
can we all post pics of our babies? I first gotta take the picture and then I can post, Im soooo bad with picture taking!

MOMMYRN

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 12:14 pm
Ok, I'll be the first to attach a picture. this one is a few weeks old already but I love it. my chani is already 6 weeks old. I can't believe how time flies!! she is delicious but can't figure out the difference b/w day and night yet.. hope e/o is doing well.

MOMMYRN

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 12:27 pm
ok, who can tell me how to upload a picture to this site??

californiafish

Post Tue, Feb 23 2010, 1:21 pm
Ok, so I'm outing myself...I've been excited2bamom, figured it's getting too annoying to keep signing off that way Very Happy

Anyway, our little boy is almost 7 weeks!!! He's getting so big and has too many chins to count. He also finally is big enough to fit into shirt/pants outfits without looking like a senior citizen LOL

Every day is so different with this guy. Some nights he sleeps 5 hours straight, other nights he screams for hours and we're all at our wits ends. We've been giving him baby Gas-X every night and that's helping a bit, I also experimented with cutting down on milk and dairy, didn't see much of a difference. I took him to the dr last week just to be sure all his crying is not because of something else, he's b"h gaining nicely, yay! They didn't have much to tell me, it could be reflux but I don't feel like giving him medicine unless he's not gaining weight. So meanwhile we're just dealing with spit up, spit up, spit up, gagging, farting, crying.

I gave up putting him in his bassinet, and now he sleeps with me in my bed, which is so yummy, I love waking up to his beautiful face in the morning as he snores and snuggles up to me. Only thing is he likes to kick me, but I put up with that for 9 months, I can deal with it now also lol.

He started smiling more, and that helps make a hard day not so hard, ya know? When he looks at me and smiles, I just kiss him up.

So I'm going back to work next week, trying to pump now to stock up. Don't know how I'm going to get up in the morning, but I guess I'll focus on baby and school and leave dinner up to the local restaurants and cleaning...our place will get cleaned some day!

I would LOVE to see everyone's pictures, don't know if I'm daring enough myself.

SHMEIJEL

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 3:59 pm
I'm in. Baby is 4 weeks, K"AH!
He sleeps much better on his tummy, But I feel guilty and more nervous about doing it... Confused
What do you say Question

californiafish wrote:

Only thing is he likes to kick me, but I put up with that for 9 months, I can deal with it now also lol.

OMG! I just laughed - ur funny! LOL

devy88

Post Fri, Feb 26 2010, 7:25 am
So we've figured out the problem. Pyloric stenosis. Waiting to go into surgery now

superjew

Post Sun, Feb 28 2010, 6:32 am
Thanks ya'll for letting me join Wink

I hope colic gets better for everyone, cuz it can be a headache. Ka'h my son is gonna be 11 weeks tomorrow!! cant believe how time flies!
his colic has gotten better ba'h (not completely but better so far) and his schedule although not EXACT is more regulated. He sleeps better at night but we still have trouble with his sleeping during the day...
It gets frustrating at times, but I'm getting more and more used to it. lol I hope one day to sleep A LOT because I am too zonked.

Btw Dini to prevent the choking when giving gripe water, put it into a bottle. I usually put just that, but if you dont feel comfortable you can add a little water.

Anyone dressing up their baby purim? Cant wait to see pics!

sporty

Post Sun, Feb 28 2010, 9:13 am
Devy update us when you can - I am sue the surgery was hard for you but I hope the baby handled it well.

Last night I was cooing at my baby and he smiled at me. Totally melted my heart. He's my sweetie though he sleeps terribly at night! And 3 mornings in a row hes exploded in his diaper and needed a bath right away!!! One outfit has been washed twice and it is still stained!

devy88

Post Sun, Feb 28 2010, 9:56 am
B"h we are home from the hospital. Everything went well and he is keeping all food down! The hardest part was not being able to feed him for almost 24 hours. He had iv to keep him hydrated, but I could feel his stomach growling in hunger. He was crying nonstop, it was enough to break ur heart. But thank goodness its over! And he had the surgery laprascopic (spellcheck?) So he doesn't hv stitches, just 3 small incisions.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics