Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Lub. Rebbe's Ohel
Previous  1  2  3  Next

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 4:32 pm
Quote:

me too, more often though "the tziyun"

no idea what this means either Smile

Motek

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 4:34 pm
I assumed you knew and were making a point.

Speaking for myself, I prefer that you (and others) use a direct approach. The disingenuous approach turns me off.

You could simply have said: Ladies, although I know who you mean, not everybody does.

alternatively, you could have posted:

for those who don't know, she's referring to the Lubavitcher Rebbe

and yet another alternative: you could have pm'd didi and she could have edited her post for clarity

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 5:32 pm
Motek, you probably missed out on the exitement of the last night
And I do not have time to pm every person who uses a word or concept some might not be familiar with.

I pm-ed Didi a personal letter

As I do no want this thread to get locked, pls send comments over pm.
thank you

Motek

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 5:38 pm
I prefer to post.

as I said, a straightforward post would have achieved the same goal

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 5:42 pm
Quote:
me too, more often though "the tziyun"

no idea what this means either

mind telling what this means?

Didi

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 5:51 pm
WOW, sorry I did not get to the computer since I last posted.

I actually apoligize for not specifing were I went as I really went to the feld to my Bubby and Zaidies kvarim. Before I leave I always stop at the Lub. Rebbe's Ohel to say a Kapital. I did not realize that I did not specify who's OHEL I went to.

I WANT TO PUBLICLY APPOLIGIZE TO ALL OF YOU.

No I am not Lubavitch so Yes I should have known better.

As for was it crowded there were around 1 dozen women with a Helicopter up above.

Once again, I apoligize for my Error and if I can figure out how to edit my post I will.

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 5:58 pm
wow, my turn to apologise - I assumed you were lubavich Wink

any more eye openrers for tonight?

By the way, does anybody know why kever is also called ohel - tent?
(and that other word Motek used)?

Motek

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 6:09 pm
tziyun means gravesite, I suppose because tziyun means a mark, and the grave is marked with a matzeiva (grave -stone)

my, how very interesting, so the lesson to specify which Rebbe, was a lesson to a non-Lubavitcher! Very Happy

micki

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 6:27 pm
goah this is actually funny. remember I asked on the other plea post how do you know who is a lubav. ? well I have just proved my point.

just goes to show you how sensitive we are. assuming too. I think we all need to take a lesson.

ohel can also mean chamber and the walls that are erected around the grave itself looks like a chamber or a room. thus the name ohel.

happyduck

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 11:28 pm
Question. I was always taught that when you are at a feld you are not supposed to go to other kevarim. I have no source for this, it is just what I was taught. Do people often go visit others? I am just wondering how common it is.

Tefila

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 12:05 am
Hi happyduck yes in my experiance we go visit others, besides our own. Not sure of source but this too was what I was taught Wink

happyduck

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 12:33 am
TY

Anny

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 11:04 am
Quote:
I was always taught that when you are at a feld you are not supposed to go to other kevarim

what does this mean????

happyduck

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 5:40 pm
Anny wrote:
Quote:
I was always taught that when you are at a feld you are not supposed to go to other kevarim

what does this mean????

I was taught than when one is a funeral, s/he should not go and visit other graves in the cemetery beucase one is already in the cemetery (of course, I was told this is different if the cemeteryis really far away and you will not be able to make a return trip. I was not critisizing, I was just question if the other method was common.

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 5:46 pm
really?
why is that?

Last edited by ForeverYoung on Sun, Feb 06 2005, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

happyduck

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 5:48 pm
Although I honestly have no idea, I suspect it has something to do with 1) not mixing mitzvos or 2) kavod hames. But I am totally making this up as I go along.

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 5:54 pm
thnks Smile

Didi

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 7:51 pm
Happy, I was not at a funeral. I went to visit my Bubbie and Zaidy's Kvarim and while I was at the Cemetary went to visit the Lub Rebbe's Ohel.

Why would I have to make a seperate trip if I am there already?

happyduck

Post Fri, Feb 04 2005, 2:11 pm
Ahh if it was not as part of a funeral than I have no question even Smile IF you go visiting you go visiting anyone. I was just questioning how common the other way was since I had only learned the one. See above for the reasons I could come up with on my own.

micki

Post Fri, Feb 04 2005, 4:01 pm
at my father in laws mothers funeral we all went. after the funeral my mil pulled all the women to go visit the other reletives graves. her father her father in law great great great grandmothers- we went to all the graves of family. and this was at a funeral. my fil of course knew and saw this and he said not a word that it was not permitted. he is a rav.

so I'm not sure where you heard this from.

aslo totally trying to remember but I heard you don't visit a cemetaryt while preg. because there are neshamas hovering in the cemetary and an unborn child is more in tune with this and may want to go to be with the neshamas.
I'll ask the person I heard this from again.

except going to the lub. rebbe's ohel. then its different. I'll ask why
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics