Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Presents for hosts

imaima

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 3:32 pm
We are staying in other peopl's appt for pesach. we don't know them. What can we give as a present?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 3:36 pm
imaima wrote:
We are staying in other peopl's appt for pesach. we don't know them. What can we give as a present?
are the hosts going to be there as well? or are you taking over the apartment?
I know that my parents are staying in someone's house for the two weeks of pesach and I think that the nicest thing to do is to pay for the water and electric for that time.

Tamiri

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 3:39 pm
I think a nice tablecloth is a good gift.

imaima

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 3:41 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
imaima wrote:
I know that my parents are staying in someone's house for the two weeks of pesach and I think that the nicest thing to do is to pay for the water and electric for that time.

they are going away. hmmm I don't even know how much that would be, it's another country... besides I think they are well off, it's probably not like they count every penny...

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Mar 13 2010, 4:15 pm
imaima wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
imaima wrote:

they are going away. hmmm I don't even know how much that would be, it's another country... besides I think they are well off, it's probably not like they count every penny...
being well off has nothing to do with it (at least I dont think so) I know that the people where my family will be staying, they are not struggling anyway, it just seems like it would be nice to pay for the usage of the water and electric that they are not using, a gesture, thats all, but thats just my opinion Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette