Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Does a double stroller like this exist? (tray, carseat, etc)

amother

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 8:35 am
I'm expecting my second, B"H, and a relative is paying for our double stroller, (also B"H). A lot of people around seem to have the City Mini, and I love the way it folds. I do a lot of driving, not a ton of walking, so I need it to be light, easy to fold, and easy to fit into my trunk. I'd love for it to have a snack tray for the kids, since I honestly don't think my toddler will stay in without a tray to lean on. (Sounds weird, but true.) And most importantly, I'd like to be able to put my baby's carseat into it - it's a Graco Snugride.

Does such a stroller exist? I don't really care what it looks like - not into trendy or anything. Any ideas?

chaylizi

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 8:37 am
There are accessories you can buy for the city mini. A bumper bar, snack trays (that can attach to abovementioned bumper bar) & a car seat adapter.

http://www.letsgostrolling.com......html

amother

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 8:43 am
From what I could see, the snack tray is only for the single, not the double? And does it fold with the bumper bar and snack trays on it? Or do you have to remove them each time?

And would the carseat adapter work for the snugride?

mommy7

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 8:47 am
I have the graco quattro tour duo. It's a front-back stroller, folds easily, unfolds easily, fits 2 infantseats if needed (I got it for twins) but works fine for one infant seat and1 toddler, or 2 toddlers. Second seat doesn't have greatest view, but kid can see fine out of the sides. Both front and back have trays or cupholders. Decent sized basket. the joggers are definitely easier to push for long walks, but I find the baskets small, they don't fit carseats and the tires always need to be reinflated. The graco is great for traveling, I live oot and I take it everywhere shopping/mall/grocery etc. Also very, very well priced. I got mine on amazon for less than 200$, free shipping.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 8:48 am
amother wrote:
From what I could see, the snack tray is only for the single, not the double? And does it fold with the bumper bar and snack trays on it? Or do you have to remove them each time?

And would the carseat adapter work for the snugride?

nope. it works for the double. for a double snack tray you buy the bumper bar & 2 snack trays. Or you could buy 2 of these http://www.letsgostrolling.com......html and attach them to the bumper bar. Not sure about the fold. I don't have them. You could email them and ask though. They are really good about answering questions.

Most carseat adapters for for the snugride. That is the most common. This particular adapter works with Graco, Britax, Evenflo & Perego.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 8:49 am
I just have to add that I have a BJCMD & I would not buy another double (unless you don't live out of your car, in which case I might get something with air tires). The fold is simply not to be beat.

supermomy

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 9:00 am
I have the aria twin perego it comes with tray and u can use the graco car seat

bnm

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 9:02 am
my city mini single folds nicely with the tray on

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 9:28 am
what about the graco duoglider? snugride can fit in, has trays (front better than back tray)
http://www.gracobaby.com/Produ.....59207

amother

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 11:41 am
OP here: Forgot to mention - I want a side-by-side, not a tandem.

The aria twin perego seems to have problems pushing/steering?

Thanks for all the info about the city mini! It's a shame that the bumper bar is an extra 40 dollars, the snack tray another 20, and the carseat adapter another 60! That's an extra 120 dollars added on to the price of the stroller. Are there any others that have these included but are still as good quality?

chaylizi

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 2:31 pm
The aria twins have had serious issues in the past. I think they were trying to address some of the issues with the 2010. I (personally) would still opt for the BJCMD though.

SivanMom

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 5:41 pm
Shop around, if you buy all the accessories together with the stroller, they may throw one of them in for free, or all of them at a discount. I got my belly bar and (parent) accessory tray for free with the purchase of the double. The double closes with the belly bar, don't know about the snack tray or car seat adapter.

MrsMom

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 5:43 pm
The Graco Duoglide will snap in the Snugride.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 6:20 pm
The fold of the duoglider is not comparable to the BJ.

bnm

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 6:24 pm
when I bought my City Mini single adolcebaby.com had a 20% off coupon code out that worked on Baby Jogger stuff too. I paid about 2 dollars more than a City Mini on different websites and I got it with the snack tray and parent console and free shipping and no tax.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics