Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
This clip will surprise you!
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 9:02 pm

Link

feel free to post your opinions!

Flowerchild

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 9:04 pm
um......why?

Secbeb

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 9:05 pm
huh . . . Silent

Crayon210

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 9:08 pm
That's so wacky!

happymom

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 9:10 pm
very interesting that they are singing hebrew Confused

baby's mom

Post Tue, Jun 20 2006, 9:19 pm
That is SOOOO funny! The days of Mashiach..I wonder if they know what they are singing! LOL LOL

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 1:20 am
I think it's more then a bit wacky... crazy and weird....

RivkaS

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 3:18 am
It is regrettable that you make fun of these people. I am sure that their feelings are sincere and upright and that they wish to serve HaShem in their way and I think one should respect that!

Friedman

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 7:01 am
I think it's great. It shows the choir's desire to understand other cultures and religions. I am curious to know who they are singing to. Maybe they are singing to a Jewish crowd.

happymom

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 9:43 am
Quote:
Maybe they are singing to a Jewish crowd.

they are singing in church. I sure hope there arent jews there Exclamation

shayna82

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 9:52 am
little strange, but thats where my thoughts end on it.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 10:02 am
Just more proof that the posters on here are closeminded, by the way some of you replied.

shayna82

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 10:12 am
what the hech is that supposed to mean? what do you want as a response, o thats so nice, hes singing a jewish song, how lovely, whats his name?

I mean lighten up a little

Friedman

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 10:29 am
[quote="happymom"]
Quote:
Maybe they are singing to a Jewish crowd.

they are singing in church. I sure hope there aren't jews there Exclamation[/quote]

Maybe there is something I am missing. But in the clip that I saw there was no proof that it was in a church. Just because they are a church choir doesn't mean they are singing at a church. Maybe it seems strange to you because you've never seen it, but some Jewish communities try to get along with their Christian neighbors and do this by holding events together. You don't have to agree with it, but it definately happens. And I am wondering if this is what's going on. That could be the reason that this choir is singing Hebrew songs.

jewgal84

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 10:32 am
<- Surprised the first time I saw it.

(It was emailed to me a week ago)

brooklyn

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 10:33 am
Maybe not the norm but I don't really see anything wrong with it. They thought it was an inspirational song whether lyrically or musically and they took the time to learn the hebrew words. I say good for them, they are not mocking it.

newmom

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 11:42 am
[quote="brooklyn"]Maybe not the norm but I don't really see anything wrong with it. They thought it was an inspirational song whether lyrically or musically and they took the time to learn the hebrew words. I say good for them, they are not mocking it.[/quote]

yup

willow

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 11:47 am
[quote="shayna82"]what the hech is that supposed to mean? what do you want as a response, o thats so nice, hes singing a jewish song, how lovely, whats his name?

I mean lighten up a little[/quote] Thumbs Up

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 12:52 pm
it's definitely not a church. but it is quite interesting. I'll probably crack up everytime I hear someone singing that song now.

chen

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 12:55 pm
[quote="newmom"][quote="brooklyn"]Maybe not the norm but I don't really see anything wrong with it. They thought it was an inspirational song whether lyrically or musically and they took the time to learn the hebrew words. I say good for them, they are not mocking it.[/quote]

yup[/quote]

quite. what struck me as funny was that they pronounced it "oVOY vom" --since they are obviously neither chassidish nor yeshivish LOL They were clearly singing in a respectful and prayerful way--dare I say with kavvonoh-- so what's the problem? It's not as if they are asking for an aliyah in shul!

Last edited by chen on Wed, Jun 21 2006, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links