Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What can I surprise my DIL with on her wedding day?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 4:49 pm
Any gifts or cute things you did for you'd DIL on their wedding day? Say anything you can think of. It's my first child getting married!

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 4:51 pm
I don't have any ideas, but so thoughtful!

This is for the morning after but if no one is doing this yet you can send breakfast

amother
Peony

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 4:57 pm
Personally, I think it's not the time for it. Wedding night is exclusive to the couple. Gifts from mil can be given before or after.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 5:00 pm
amother Peony wrote:
Personally, I think it's not the time for it. Wedding night is exclusive to the couple. Gifts from mil can be given before or after.

I agree with this. The best gift you can give her is to be a lovely, generous and supportive mil for the rest of your life.

Rappel

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 5:06 pm
Maybe not the day of, but maybe send something the week of?

Maybe a note saying how happy you are that she's becoming your daughter in law, and writing out brachot for the life they build together?

You can include a locket keychain with some kind of picture of the two of them together.

Mazal tov!!

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 5:16 pm
Tehillim
Food such as sushi or pastries (if not fasting)
Bride sweatshirt

yachnabobba

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 5:27 pm
My dils mother gifted me a nice overnight bag for packing up all the stuff for the wedding. Much appreciated. Maybe that’s something

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:08 pm
Rappel wrote:
Maybe not the day of, but maybe send something the week of?

Maybe a note saying how happy you are that she's becoming your daughter in law, and writing out brachot for the life they build together?

You can include a locket keychain with some kind of picture of the two of them together.

Mazal tov!!

OP, you sound so thoughtful.

While any gift is nice, I think especially in light of all the horrific posts I've read here over the years about DILs complaining about MILs and MILs complaining about DILs, the above will mean far more than any material gift you could ever give. I would love to have gotten such a note on my wedding day, or on the days leading up to it.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 6:35 am
Monogrammed cosmetic kit, travel toiletries if they are staying at a hotel, nice slippers, monogrammed siddur, cookbook, gift certificate for dinner after sheva brachot, magazine subscription to Fleishigs are all nice gifts. I wouldn’t give anything that underscores the activities of the first night (my very well meaning mil gave one sil a negligee, which was a little cringey.) I agree that welcoming her into the family is a nice gesture. You could send her a note about how happy you are that she will be your dil, that you wish her and your ds every happiness, and that you look forward to sharing many smachot together.

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 7:18 am
I left a nice gift of perfume in their new apt with very pretty flowers.
I think she really loved it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics