Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Update on Mother of Triplets
1  2  3  4  Next

Emuna

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 12:11 am
Her name is now CHAYA Avigail Eleana bas Sara Raizel - she really needs our prayers right now. The babies are all B"H healthy and not in ICU - appx. 4 lbs. each. She had the babies naturally, no C-section because the babies were all head-down and the doctor believed it would be better for the babies' lungs. The births were last night and then this morning she went into cardiac arrest - please daven that there is no brain damage whatsoever. Today was very, very draining for all of us in Los Angeles.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 11:03 am
emunah, we at atime are very worried about her as she is one of ours. please let me know of any updates.

stem

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 11:05 am
Is her third name Eliana, or Ilana ? The way you spelled it is a little confusing.

Emuna

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 1:28 pm
I know we were also confused about the name but as far as I know it is Eleana and not Ilana. As of right now, Pacific time 10:30 AM our dear friend and mother of three is still in a coma, not breathing on her own. Let's all increase in acts of goodness and kindness in her her honor today.

sandwich

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 5:32 pm
any update? refuah shelaima

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 7:35 pm
MY dd in LA said that Abby opened her eyes for her mother this morning.

Emuna

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 7:35 pm
Is chavamom available? I would like her input because I'm so confused about this whole thing. How common is this? Should she have gotten a c-section? I know how hard it is to push out ONE baby - I can't imagine three, and honestly I feel I'd have a heartattack if I had to push out three babies one after the other.

It is so scary and hard seeing her.

I have so many questions. Does anyone know people who have pulled through these situations? She is very puffy (esp. hands and face) and two medical people gave me two different reasons for that. One said it's that the heart can't pump fluids and the fluids go to the extremities, another said it's all the meds. I am just so confused and lost.

Good news - word has it she cried a bit this morning when she heard her mother's voice - our prayers are working!!! I saw her this afternoon and no response. Does anyone have experience with this situation???

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 8:40 pm
emunah, are you related to her?

what causedt he cardiac arrest? was it an embolism or the hemorrhaging?

I dont think the vaginal delivery caused it. A friend of mine had an embolism with a c section, 2 weeks later.

We are hoping for good news. that she opened her eyes is a positive sign. Keep us posted.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 10:54 pm
An amniotic fluid embolism is caused by labor and has all of the symptoms that Abby had. It is often fatal and discovered on autopsy so Abby is BH fortunate to have survived. She is sedated so that the respirator can give her heart and lungs a rest. She has aroused a bit. Hopefully she will soon join us on imamother!

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 12:00 am
thank you for the information!!! I'll pass it on.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 12:09 am
How is she doing? When will she be "out of the woods?"

chavamom

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 3:06 am
I'm here. There is a difference between an 'embolis' and and an amniotic fluid embolism. When people talk about an embolism they usually mean what people refer to as 'throwing a clot' - a clot develops in the extremities and then travels elsewhere, often reeking havoc. An amniotic fluid embolism is theorized to be when amniotic fluid enters the mother's blood stream (though there have been other theories as to what causes it) and is sudden and almost always fatal.

All that being said, I read elsewhere that the cardiac arrest was secondary to hemorrhage.

The puffiness could be from a number of things - it could be meds, it could be that her kidneys aren't functioning well b/c they were deprived of blood during a hemorrhage, or even just from massive amounts of IV fluids used to stabilize her.

As for the vaginal delivery - a c/sec would not have prevented either a hemorrhage or a embolism. She would be in worse shape in that she would have had increased blood loss from surgery, all the surgical complications to recover from as well as whatever caused this situation.

The reason that most OB's elect for a c/sec is to protect the second and third baby from cord prolapse and the like. There is no reason, just like with twins, that a woman can't deliver in a setting where they are ready to do an emergent c/sec if the delivery doesn't go as planned.

I hope this answered some questions and may we just hear good news with a refuah sheleima!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 7:48 am
amen!

Raisin

Post Sat, Jun 24 2006, 7:34 pm
Chavamom - I don't understand - if this embolism was caused by labor, wouldn't a c-section (taking place b4 she went into labor) have prevented this happening?

I hope she has a refuah Shleima and can go home soon to her bbies.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Jun 24 2006, 10:38 pm
Gut voch, can we have an update please? thanks.

newmom

Post Sat, Jun 24 2006, 10:54 pm
Yes, can we please have an update if any of you know? I've been thinking of her all Shabbos.

shopaholic

Post Sat, Jun 24 2006, 11:01 pm
Yeah, me too. We've been dsaying Tehillim here.

luv2bamom

Post Sat, Jun 24 2006, 11:26 pm
Have not heard anything since shabbos, I guess its still shabbos there, so the update most likely have to wait for that. Let keep Davening that the news should be GOOD news@

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 10:05 am
Nu? any updates pleeease?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 10:09 am
She ran a fever on Friday and had scans to rule out pneumonia and further bleeding. Before Shabbos she was in stable condition.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics