Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Anyone Feel Stuck?

Rollerblades

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 9:41 pm
Been working at home for about two years now. Most of the time I love it.

I can't compare the way I used to rush in after five, have to start being a Mommy without having the time to settle down, not having the energy to give anyone any attention etc, to the way I can be there for my kids 24/7 now that I'm home.

But sometimes I get the feeling like I'm caged in here. Like I have no personal connection to the outside world. Like if I hear the word "Mommy" one more time today I'm going to scream.

I try to get out, and I'm not ready to go back into the "working world" where Im on someone else's schedule and dealing with their attitude, but sometimes being home just gets way too depressing.

How do you other working from home moms deal with that?

mamacita

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 10:03 pm
I get it! Being a WAHM is tough, but works better for me than working outside of the home, at least for now.

It doesn't pay as much, offers more distractions, is less respected, lacks the social or team building aspects of a workplace.

I try to get out several times a week. Shiurim, hobbies, social engagements. I go crazy when I can't. Pesach anyone?

Besides that, during work I think it's important to have a coffee break and a real lunch hour. These I really have to work on!

benchwarmer

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 12:09 pm
Can I ask you guys what kind of work you do from home? I am interested in possibly doing this, but don't know of what options there are or how to even go about doing it. I have one friend that told me she could get me secretarial work to do from home. Do you just do the work when the kids are in school? If you have school age children, it sounds like the OP still has little ones? My children are in school full time but I don't want to work outside the home nevertheless bec. I would be overwhelmed personally with doing all that is needed to run my household effectively. When my children are home from school it is all about them, doing hw, doing work that I do with them independent of their school work and all that other fun stuff that goes on when kids get home. I don't even like to talk on the phone when they are home and I only pick up the phone if I don't want to call that person back lol. Thanks for any info.

OP, I really admire you and all other working moms Very Happy

benchwarmer

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 12:12 pm
Oh, one more question. How much time/hours would you say you work during the week? And if you could tell me what is the average amount of time? TIA

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, May 05 2010, 1:37 pm
oysa-- if you live in the US and are interested in skin/care and cosmetics or greeting cards, message me--- I'm hiring. I recruit for a skincare/ cosmetics company and for a greeting card company. I currently work about 20 hours a week because my kids are young and only in preschool 12 hours a week. But I need to produce over half the family income because of financial issues so though I'm the one "at home" with the kids, I'm the breadwinner too--- that's a stress.

in terms of when I work, it's while the kids are in school, during "nap" time (one twin still naps and one is giving up his nap but needs downtime) and after they go to bed at night.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers