Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Do you have a personal trainer?
1  2  Next

Do you have a personal trainer?
Yes.  
 10%  [ 4 ]
No.  
 28%  [ 11 ]
If it were free/cheaper.  
 36%  [ 14 ]
I prefer the gym/class environment.  
 13%  [ 5 ]
Other.  
 10%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 38

MrsDash

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 4:57 pm
I am curious to see how many women currently have a personal trainer?

amother

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 5:01 pm
yes, I do. It is expensive and we can't really afford it but it is the only thing that keeps me on track with my weight loss. Plus the exercises we do are ones I could never do on my own, I am so uncoordinated. I have had one for about 6 months now, almost every week except for yom tov and vacation, and have lost 15 pounds.

amother

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 5:04 pm
to add, there are no womens gyms in my town (except a curves with ridiculous opening hours) and I have a baby at home all day and my dh is out most evenings. I tried the gym thing but it is so hard to get out regularly it was hardly worth it. Now I have the trainer come once a week, plus I use and exercise bike twice a day. and walks when I can, with the baby, or kids on shabbos.

If I had a womens gym with a babysitting service maybe that would work as well, but I don't.

mominlkwd

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 5:08 pm
I did for about a year or so and she helped me lose my baby weight (came 2X a week) I am trying to lose it myself this time and it's harder but it's very expensive and I have done it myself in the past so I'm trying this way first.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 5:22 pm
No. I'm motivated enough by going to group exercise classes and do well with maintaining and toning in that environment. I enjoy group classes much more than one on one training.

yo'ma

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 5:55 pm
I voted other because I don't have one right now. I did before my 2 1/2 yr old was born. I know myself and wouldn't go to the gym or do anything, so I got one. I used her until I was about 4-5 months pregnant and happened to have started about a week before he was conceived Rolling Eyes . After, he was born, I went to curves and stopped a little after I got pregnant again because my contract was up anyway. After this baby is born, b"t, I plan on going to a kosher gym that someone keeps telling me to go to. She said they also have babysitting service and other things to do there. So, in other words, I will not be having another personal trainer again in the near future, it seems.

louche

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 7:47 pm
Yes. It's called my conscience, and sometimes she tells me "come on, get moving, you know you'll be glad you did" and sometimes she tells me "right now you need another hour of sleep more than you need the exercise."

ysydmom

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 8:22 pm
If anyone is looking for a trainer please pm me. I know of someone.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 8:42 pm
As Chalean says in TH, "You are your own personal trainer!"

BennysMommy

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 9:02 pm
yo'ma wrote:
I voted other because I don't have one right now. I did before my 2 1/2 yr old was born. I know myself and wouldn't go to the gym or do anything, so I got one. I used her until I was about 4-5 months pregnant and happened to have started about a week before he was conceived Rolling Eyes . After, he was born, I went to curves and stopped a little after I got pregnant again because my contract was up anyway. After this baby is born, b"t, I plan on going to a kosher gym that someone keeps telling me to go to. She said they also have babysitting service and other things to do there. So, in other words, I will not be having another personal trainer again in the near future, it seems.

Nice news to hear that you're pregnant Very Happy Are you talking about the gym in Bais Chana? If so, it's the nshei chabad building down the block from me and I can tell you all about it!

yo'ma

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 10:05 pm
BennysMommy wrote:
Nice news to hear that you're pregnant Very Happy Are you talking about the gym in Bais Chana? If so, it's the nshei chabad building down the block from me and I can tell you all about it!

Yes, that one, but I wouldn't be going for awhile anyway. Thanks!!

amother

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 12:23 am
No, but I am one Very Happy

slushiemom

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 1:28 am
I voted other, because I go to a women's house twice a week, she teaches an aerobics/toning class but often it's just me and her. she started teaching only me, and then I brought 2 friends who come once a week.

amother

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 8:31 am
Yeah. And a live in, cook, nurse, night nurse... NOT

NativeMom

Post Sat, May 29 2010, 11:26 pm
I did after I had my son, now DH is a certified personal trainer so he trains me. I love it and it's great motivation. I saw a lot of positive results. Haven't been working out lately because I've been in school and just had surgery but once I'm well enough I'll be working out again.

Yocheved84

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 12:04 am
My trainer CHANGED MY LIFE. In the past year, I've lost close to 60 pounds. OP, I couldn't have done it without her. I never believed in them before, but they know exercises to target certain parts of the body that we don't, and they monitor klutzy people to make sure we don't hurt ourselves. Also, having someone to push you is so worth it. In addition to training 2-3 times a week, I do four hours of cardio.

I've had trainers in the past, but I found that you need a highly qualified person, and also someone who doesn't give in...I kvetch constantly, but she still says "I don't care. I know you can do it. You're getting stronger, now continue running."

Just a side-note: It's a process...there have been weeks (three or four) of gaining, followed by a month of losing. But at the end of three months, if you're losing, that's all that counts. (I just got out of week three of not pushing myself.)

Hatzlocha to you. You can do it!! Smile

amother

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 9:06 am
Does anyone know a good & experienced male personal trainer that goes to peoples houses. My dh is looking for one.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 12:05 pm
Last amother, PM me. I can hook you up.

NativeMom

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 12:16 pm
amother wrote:
Does anyone know a good & experienced male personal trainer that goes to peoples houses. My dh is looking for one.

I do, you can PM me

Sherri

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 12:17 pm
What can I expect the price range for a trainer to be- per hour, I guess.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise