Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How does a personal shopper help you?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 6:35 pm
Today I was on a store and saw the funniest thing. A lady was there looking for a shabbos dress and there was a personal shopper with her. The ps held up a dress and said do you like this? Lady said no. She put it back. Ps went down the rack and pulled out another dress and said how about this ? Lady said not my taste. So ps looked for another while Lady followed after her..one dress after another was nixed finally was one ok yes thats my taste so ps pulled it out and said what size ? She pulled out the correct size and held it...
Kept going...do you like this ?

I was watching completely amused and baffled..since the Lady knows her own taste and nixed and approved based on her own taste ..what exactly is the ps needed for ? Other than to do the actual physical work of pulling out the dresses and holding the pile?
Is this a new mishugas of the rich and mighty?
Why couldn't the lady pull out a dress herself and tell herself hmm I like this one...no I don't like this one...

Cressel

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 6:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
Today I was on a store and saw the funniest thing. A lady was there looking for a shabbos dress and there was a personal shopper with her. The ps held up a dress and said do you like this? Lady said no. She put it back. Ps went down the rack and pulled out another dress and said how about this ? Lady said not my taste. So ps looked for another while Lady followed after her..one dress after another was nixed finally was one ok yes thats my taste so ps pulled it out and said what size ? She pulled out the correct size and held it...
Kept going...do you like this ?

I was watching completely amused and baffled..since the Lady knows her own taste and nixed and approved based on her own taste ..what exactly is the ps needed for ? Other than to do the actual physical work of pulling out the dresses and holding the pile?
Is this a new mishugas of the rich and mighty?
Why couldn't the lady pull out a dress herself and tell herself hmm I like this one...no I don't like this one...

That's odd. Lol sounds like she can pick and choose the outfits on her own

But how do you know it wasn't just a friend or someone that came with her?

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 6:57 pm
Cressel wrote:
That's odd. Lol sounds like she can pick and choose the outfits on her own

But how do you know it wasn't just a friend or someone that came with her?

Theres really lots of different ways to use a personal shopper, personally I havent heard of that (and I am one but a different type)

I assume the benefit she was getting was someone only choosing things that would work for her specifically, (which of course she then says she either approves of or doesnt like), and probably is then using those pieces to put together whole outfits for her.

giftedmom

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:13 pm
I would love a personal shopper to pick things off the rack that would flatter me. I am so bad at it. I can love something on the hanger but most things end up looking awful when I try them on.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:18 pm
I've used a personal shopper because I found it difficult going to a store and seeing the options without getting overwhelmed. So I just always left.

Then if I tried it and it didn't fit properly, iwouldn't know if it's the kind of thing you could fix or not. I couldn't find a top for skirts or vice versa. Wld take so long!

So a shopper could look at my figure and show me things that would work, plus accessories/pieces to complete an outfit if it was just a jumper or a skirt.

I also used to go after store hours.
Wasn't that expensive - if you spent over $200, the fee was maybe $35 an hr & it was usually 2 hrs or less.

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:25 pm
Sounds exactly like when I go shopping with my mother!

I don't know, it definitely helps having her there. I'm picking things out. I have a hard time finding what I like in such a big store. She kind of narrows it down for me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics