Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Bathroom without a window

amother

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 12:13 pm
How can I keep a bathroom without a window airy and nice smelling? I do have an exhaust, but it's not the same as a window. I know I can use potpourri or nice smelling soaps, but is that all that can be done?

onlyme

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 12:15 pm
Sorry, but I think you've listed all of your options. Without a window, an exhaust is your next best bet.

Isramom8

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 12:24 pm
My cousin hung curtains on the wall so that it would look like there was a window. Maybe odor is all in the mind... Wink

louche

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 12:24 pm
Keep it clean and dry, and burn a match after an especially wicked episode. Real plants help consume some airborne chemicals, though not as fast as a match, and create the perception of fresh air.

There are also small "air cleaners" that consist of a fan that pulls air through an activated carbon filter. It works for certain organic compounds, but you have to replace the filter often. Might be worth considering for those wicked episodes.

clowny

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 12:46 pm
I have a bathroom without a window and the exhaust fan and potpourri does the job.

yo'ma

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 1:29 pm
you're lucky, I don't even have an exhaust fan Mad

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 2:12 pm
The law, at least in NY, is that a bathroom must have ventilation.

Chayalle

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 2:45 pm
Quote:
I have a bathroom without a window and the exhaust fan and potpourri does the job.

Me too. Beyond odor, it's important to run the exhaust when showering so that moisture does not accumulate and cause any paint to peel or problems with the tiles.

I like good-quality read diffusers...I find it's easier to control odor that way (flip the sticks for more odor control, leave as is when less scent is needed) and I find the smell to be more natural (don't like air freshener sprays!)

life'sgreat

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 9:44 pm
Isramom8 wrote:
My cousin hung curtains on the wall so that it would look like there was a window. Maybe odor is all in the mind... Wink
You wish! LOL

If you have an outlet in the bathroom (which I don't, bummer!), one of the plugins can work well.

MamO3

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 9:48 pm
Why don't you try these soaps that go ino the toilet tank. They can odorise the entire bathroom.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry