Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Broom vs Vacuum

Which works better on hard floors?
Broom  
 57%  [ 8 ]
Vacuum  
 42%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

mamommommy

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 9:51 am
Which works better on floors (not carpets)? I always use the broom, but my cleaning lady refuses and says that the vacuum works better. What is your experience?

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 10:05 am
Vacuum. Many people don't even own a broom anymore. We don't. My parents have one but don't use it.

louche

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 10:12 am
Vacuum, hands down. However, you need to pick up large things like pieces of paper and socks first, because these will jam in the hose. Also, vacuums usually don't do well in corners unless you have a crevice tool attachment or can detach the nozzle from the hose. Failing that, you can use a whisk broom to get dust out of corners and shwoop it up with the vacuum.

For shrapnel, go with the broom. Shrapnel (broken glass, pottery shards, metal slivers) will damage a vacuum.

And never use a vacuum on anything wet unless it's a wet/dry vac. Electric shock hazard.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry