Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
How do you prefer sleepover guests leave the beds
Previous  1  2

What do you prefer guests do with the beds before they leave?
Strip the linens off the beds  
 58%  [ 51 ]
Make the beds  
 41%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 87

life'sgreat

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 11:28 am
The first time I heard of the idea of stripping linen was when I was in England as a guest.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 02 2010, 2:00 pm
I hate stripping beds, so I love if my guests do it themselves. But I would NEVER ask them to... that's not their job!!

DH and I have an ongoing argument as to whether to strip the beds when we are guests elsewhere. I was always taught that it is proper manners to do so, to save your host the work. But dh insists that maybe they won't wash their sheets, and use them again shock like even when we stayed in someone's master BR when they were away he didn't want to strip the sheets!

neverbored

Post Wed, Jun 02 2010, 2:06 pm
I'd love my guests to strip their linen, wash them and put them back onto the beds. Oh and clean up their rooms. LOL Kidding obviously, but wouldn't that be nice?

I'd actually love my guests to ask me and I'll decide accordingly.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jun 02 2010, 2:32 pm
I prefer exactly how they got it. I wash guest linen once a year for pesach so stripping it doesn't help.
Kidding. I prefer made beds because I strip on wednesday when the cleaning lady is here and I don't like to see empty mattresses.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Jun 02 2010, 2:36 pm
Stripped. But if they leave the bed unmade or made, it doesn't make a difference to me. It's not like it's so hard for my husband to strip the bedding. It takes less than a minute.

Last edited by DefyGravity on Wed, Jun 02 2010, 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

sky

Post Wed, Jun 02 2010, 3:42 pm
Please strip the beds. Otherwise I have to do it.

They don't have to be folded.

The thing that bothers me the MOST is if one guest stays in a room with 2 made beds and then makes his bed so well that I can't tell which was used. I then have to clean 2 beds. I HATE that!! At least tell me.

[When we were engaged the neighbor were dh stayed told me that he had stripped the bed and folded the sheets neater then her linen closet. I was embarrassed because I still don't know how to fold sheets neater then him. I thought he was the most well drained guy ever. But recently I had single guys who folded their sheets perfectly. It puts me to shame]

I guess the lesson is to ask.

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jun 02 2010, 4:08 pm
sky wrote:

The thing that bothers me the MOST is if one guest stays in a room with 2 made beds and then makes his bed so well that I can't tell which was used. I then have to clean 2 beds. I HATE that!! At least tell me.

[When we were engaged the neighbor were dh stayed told me that he had stripped the bed and folded the sheets neater then her linen closet. I was embarrassed because I still don't know how to fold sheets neater then him. I thought he was the most well drained guy ever. But recently I had single guys who folded their sheets perfectly. It puts me to shame]

Why don't you put a small fancy towel or something on both beds? This way you'll know which bed was used. Or will that be folded back in the same way? A towel is easier to see if it's used.

sky

Post Wed, Jun 02 2010, 4:16 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
sky wrote:

Why don't you put a small fancy towel or something on both beds? This way you'll know which bed was used. Or will that be folded back in the same way? A towel is easier to see if it's used.

that is actually a very good idea! sometimes they put stuff on the other bed so both look off. But maybe the towel idea would work better.

mltjm

Post Wed, Jun 02 2010, 6:35 pm
ShmeinaK wrote:
I have them strip the bed and throw the stuff near the washing machine. That way they know that when they come to my house they will always have clean linen (as I ask ALL my guests to do this).

Same, minus the washing machine because we don't have one. But then they know for sure the sheets are washed after each use.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 9:27 pm
I think it depends on what time they're leaving and who they are. Does Bubby really need to strip the linens at 9:00 p.m. motzei Shabbos? There's no way I'm going to get to it right away and I don't want it cluttering up my laundry room. It's not the end of the world if one of my kids falls asleep on her sheets. OTOH when my brother and his wife come to visit, after a couple of days of shvitzy weather and questionable activities, yes I want the sheets taken off right away.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics