Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
I am so lazy

amother

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 10:02 pm
by the time the kids go to bed I am so exhausted I just want to sit on the couch. but this is not how the work will ever get done. so should I force myself and dread cleaning for two hours or what?

thisone

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 10:05 pm
When I'm completely wiped and still have a to-do, I try to get myself to work for 15 minutes (timer set and all) and reassess then. Usually I get a second wind. If not, a lot can be done in a little time. (Idea totally stolen from flylady.net--but hey, it works!)

anonymom

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 10:08 pm
After dinner, I can barely get the kids bathed and in bed. Sometimes I manage to load the dishwasher. Everything else waits till the morning. I get up early and do everything in half an hour.

groisamomma

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 7:15 pm
I do any one of these:

1) take a 30 minute nap when my kids go to sleep, then clean up.
2) get on the computer for a bit and then I have more energy
3) go on the treadmill for a half hour-exercise always gives me more energy. I know it's not good to exercise at night, but it works for me this way.

I abhor waking up to a messy house in the morning; it puts me in a bad mood.

jewels

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 7:19 pm
Kayla wrote:
When I'm completely wiped and still have a to-do, I try to get myself to work for 15 minutes (timer set and all) and reassess then. Usually I get a second wind. If not, a lot can be done in a little time. (Idea totally stolen from flylady.net--but hey, it works!)

I do the same. I relax for a little and then clean up and tell myself I'll just work for 15 minutes. Most of the time I find that what looks like a 2 hour job is usually accomplished in way less time.

alwaysbesimcha

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 10:19 pm
I usually do the opposite. I tell myself that after I do at least one thing I will relax on the computer.

mltjm

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 11:43 pm
I think you should redefine what the issue is. It's not that you're lazy. It's that your exhausted, and rightfully so! Sometimes if you are more understanding of yourself, it's easier to convince yourself to do something. Like, "I know you're so tired, but take 15 minutes to do X and it will feel so good! Plus then you get to go do Y (relaxing thing)!"

Also, maybe you can incorporate some cleaning up into the routine with the kids. They can help 'wash' dishes, while you really do it, or 'fold' laundry, or make a game of putting things in the right place...

Maybe you could make a rule, like one big cleanup before dinner, and then only one more toy out before bedtime, or something like that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry