Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
AHHH I need help badly

willow

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 5:30 am
My daughter is 4 and half. She was trained really early for the day. At night just never append.
She soaks through every brand of diaper or pull-up. A lot of ppl said its genetics if she could
or she would. You have to wait it out. But its getting really frustrating. Waking her is so hard to
do every night. But is that the only option I have? Is there another way to get her to stop making at night?
I already know someone is going to say stop drinks after a certain hour but I can't do that because I know
how thirsty she gets. Plus the house is hot we don't live with air conditioner.

c.c.cookie

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 5:35 am
I'm sorry, I have no advice. I just wanted to comiserate. It's really hard. I went through it with my seven year old (who by the way is finally dry at night for about a year now.) I remember dealing with wet linen and pajamas every single day because at a certain point he refused to wear pull ups. It was awful, especially when I was pregnant and the smell was horrible. Hang in there, gam ze ya'avor!

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 5:38 am
I have to agree that there is not much you can do besides wait it out ;(. One of my twins wasn't dry at night until very recently(around 6), and my other 2 kids have been dry at night since they were day trained.

willow

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 5:48 am
Thank you c.c.cookie and RachelEve14 just you saying you understand makes be breathe and feel a little better.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 6:16 am
willow wrote:
My daughter is 4 and half. She was trained really early for the day. At night just never append.
She soaks through every brand of diaper or pull-up. A lot of ppl said its genetics if she could
or she would. You have to wait it out. But its getting really frustrating. Waking her is so hard to
do every night. But is that the only option I have? Is there another way to get her to stop making at night?
I already know someone is going to say stop drinks after a certain hour but I can't do that because I know
how thirsty she gets. Plus the house is hot we don't live with air conditioner.

Well, I agree that it could be the genetics. I would not push it. It will be outgrown on her own in due time. I have 7 kids, kah. Out of that 1 DD had night wetting until 1st grade. And then 1 DS, is just now staying dry at night. He's almost 9. The other kids stayed dry at night from when they first were potty trained at around 2.

So I wouldn't pressure her. Just keep using the pull ups until she naturally outgrows it.

Liba

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 6:52 am
It is totally genetic. I don't think the children have any control. My husband's side night trains late, mine trained early.

One of our children was dry day and night by 18 months, one was still wetting at 6.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 5:01 am
I also want to say that it's genetic. Is dd a very heavy sleeper? Her body may not be able to send her strong enough signals to wake her up.

I have a friend who's husband was very late keeping dry as a kid, still having occasional accidents up until about 12 years old. Both parents are extremely heavy sleepers. Every single one of their kids have problems with weak bladders and accidents both day and night. Even the older kids will still have an accident at night if they are really overtired. All you can do is wait it out, and make sure you have a sturdy washing machine.

I'm posting as amother because I don't want anyone guessing who the family is. It's pretty embarrassing for them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training