Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Those of you on weightwatchers - info please!

amother

Post Fri, Jun 11 2010, 11:17 am
I want to start weightwatchers.
I see joining online has a monthly fee. Is there a way to get the info without officially joining? I see on ebay you can buy weightwatchers 2010 starters kit. Would that have e/t I need to know how it works, how many points, etc? Are you all official w.w. members or you start then continue on your own?
Also, I am nursing - how does this affect the diet?

bubby

Post Fri, Jun 11 2010, 11:22 am
AFAIK, you have to join to get any starter kits or anything else. Unless what you're asking for is for someone to give/send you all the stuff unofficially & you follow it yourself. The monthly fee is $39 & change.

Nursing mothers get more food, I think.

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Jun 11 2010, 11:29 am
Unless you are very disciplined I would recommend to actually join and go to meetings. For me it really helps me stay on track knowing I will be weighed in by someone every week. And if you find a good meeting leader the meetings themselves can be very useful and inspiring as well. I keep renewing for 12 weeks at a time, it comes out to about $10 per week I think.

groisamomma

Post Sat, Jun 12 2010, 10:47 pm
I'm a sworn WW member having been on it once 8 yrs. ago (lost 30 lbs.), had several kids, and now again (lost 45 lbs.). Over the yrs., I did try it on my own because I did have all the stuff, and it didn't work. I would lose several lbs. then gain. There was no consistency. I think a big part of it were the weekly weigh-ins that are consistently at the same time of day every week and the boost of chizzuk I get from weekly meetings.

This time around, I do automatic credit card charges, and when I signed up, I gave them the cc number and then promptly threw it out. Now I'm forced to go-rather than cancel the card which will ruin my credit Very Happy . So far, my stinginess has not allowed me to lose one week's $$ so I go steadily. It comes out to $9.22 per week and IMHO it is worth far more than that.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Jun 12 2010, 10:55 pm
amother wrote:
I want to start weightwatchers.
I see joining online has a monthly fee. Is there a way to get the info without officially joining? I see on ebay you can buy weightwatchers 2010 starters kit. Would that have e/t I need to know how it works, how many points, etc? Are you all official w.w. members or you start then continue on your own?
Also, I am nursing - how does this affect the diet?

I think the online version is cheaper, if that interests you. Otherwise, why not join and then if you hate the meetings, cancel? Just read your contract.

I understand that WW is very successful and popular; also your health insurance might pay for it.

May

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 12:54 am
I am not currently a member, but they often have deals where you don't have to pay the initial membership startup fee. You might have to pay the meeting fee, but I believe it's under $15. At that first meeting you can get all the information you need about the diet and then you can decide if you want to attend the future meetings or not.

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 5:21 pm
I joined about 6 weeks ago and they had an offer on that you pay for 3 months and there was no membership cost. That might have just been the UK though. check the website out they always seem to have offers on.

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Jun 13 2010, 5:23 pm
Oh yes sorry I meant to add that as a nursing mum you can have more points. If you are feeding your baby totally you get more points then if you are feeding and giving the baby solids. which ever you get more points.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise