Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
How to spend the most time with kids?

yaeli83

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 9:55 am
This doesnt exactly fit into the "work from home" section, but not sure where else to put it.

what do you do that allows you to make a decent parnasa and spend as much time with your kids as possible.

this can be work from home, part time work that pays well, work that allows you to bring your baby, or in the same building as your kids? etc.

TIA

Roche

Post Tue, Jun 15 2010, 11:26 am
small job at home, cutting kids hair updo for wedding etc. maybe makeup application. selling tichels hats. medical billing.. just some ideas of things you can do fromo home.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 9:13 am
I'm a sales director and work from home. My twins are 3 and are in preschool 12 hours a week so I work during preschool and after they go to bed at night giving me about 20 hours a week--- I'm lucky to make a full time income with part time hours but I built the business up to this point. Over the summer my kids will be in day camp 20 hours a week so I expect I'll be able to get even more done. However they'll also lose the occupational, speech, and physical therapy they get as part of the special ed preschool program so I'll be spending lots of their daycamp time setting therapy appointments and schlepping one twin to be fitted for foot braces, etc etc.

My husband won't be working this summer so from my part time work my income will be IT. But that means he can do some of the daycamp drop offs and pick ups giving me more time to work. Smile

amother

Post Wed, Jun 16 2010, 9:21 am
Currently working at home with a toddler and an infant, but the toddler will be in preschool when the school years starts. Right now, I write for online sites in my field of experience, and B"H it's been working well for over a year now. (I make our only income, as dh is in kollel.) Until my second was born, I could write enough just when my toddler was napping to make around the same amount I made when working full time when we were first married. Now it's harder, and these few months are a matter of cramming in as much work as I can (which is why I'm on imamother, right?). So now sometimes I work with my infant lying on my lap, as long as he's happy. Never did this with my first - only while napping, so I could get in as much "quality time" as possible. Once playgroup starts, toddler will be out from morning until 1:30, then will nap (hopefully), so I can work during any of that time when my newborn is sleeping. I hope to not work at ALL when my toddler is home, and to have dinner made before he comes home as well. (Wishful thinking?) That way I can spend the rest of the afternoon with him until his bedtime.

We'll see if it works!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers