Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
DC like having accidents and painting the wall (sorry tmi)

amother

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 4:41 pm
Ok, I need real ideas here. My 2 and 3 year old recently toilet trained really like making #2 in their room and then having fun with it. I've had this problem for some time, even b4 they were toilet trained and I attributed it to the fact that they were ready. Anyways, I had to safety pin their pj's so that at night they wouldn't remove everything, as I was often greeted by an absolutely disgusting room. It got better and I wasn't having much of an issue, recently it has happened again a few too many times and too often. What am I doing wrong? How can I put an end to this? I really try to stay calm and just tell them I'm not happy. Today I lost it a little as I was overtired and stressed from other things but I mean each time it takes really long to clean up. I've done time out, etc. But I just feel they think it's a game.
Any thoughts or suggestions I'm all ears.
TIA and I apologize for the details

amother

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 5:12 pm
let me start by saying that I have NO experience with this- I have one baby that is just starting solids.

but I noticed that the time and frequency as well as solid/lilquidity of having bowel movements often depends on what he ate, and what time he ate.

so if they tend to do this at night time, maybe you can feed them earlier in the day and not feed them at night the things that make them have bowel movements.

(in israel many people have lunch as their main meal and supper is a light meal, while in america lunch is often light and supper is often a main meal, but hey we can switch it around if we want to, right?

then when they have bowel movements during the day, they are more likely to be under supervision and not alone in their room.

so maybe try feeding them at different times of the day or different kinds of food at different meals ( while still making sure they have the nutriition that they need, but giving it at different times of the day or in a different order.

as I said, I'm not experienced with this, so I don't know if it will work. hope my advice helps.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 5:13 pm
amother wrote:
let me start by saying that I have NO experience with this- I have one baby that is just starting solids.

but I noticed that the time and frequency as well as solid/lilquidity of having bowel movements often depends on what he ate, and what time he ate.

so if they tend to do this at night time, maybe you can feed them earlier in the day and not feed them at night the things that make them have bowel movements.

(in israel many people have lunch as their main meal and supper is a light meal, while in america lunch is often light and supper is often a main meal, but hey we can switch it around if we want to, right?

then when they have bowel movements during the day, they are more likely to be under supervision and not alone in their room.

so maybe try feeding them at different times of the day or different kinds of food at different meals ( while still making sure they have the nutriition that they need, but giving it at different times of the day or in a different order.

as I said, I'm not experienced with this, so I don't know if it will work. hope my advice helps.

for example, I've noticed that rice tends to constipate and prevent bowel movements and make them more solid, while veggies tend to cause more loose and sooner bowel movements.

I am the poster above- just explaining.

myself

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 5:24 pm
How about creating a star-chart for this purpose and rewarding with stickers or a small prize?
I've just starting doing that with my three year old and it's been working really well. Although I find that I need to keep reminding him about it as a way of encouragement otherwise he forgets.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics