Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Night-time Diaper Dry In The AM

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 8:15 am
Wow! I am posting in the 'toddler' as opposed to the 'infant' section.

My LO (Happy Birthday to her!) just woke up after more than 12 hours and her diaper was absolutely dry. Should I be worried?

P.S. - she's nursing and eating and sippy-drinking fine.

melbee

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 11:12 am
I'm hesitant to answer since I don't have any history with medical things, but DS (15 months) has woken up a few times with a bone dry diaper after 12 hours of sleep. So I wouldn't worry too much, esp if she is drinking and eating well. Just make sure she has more water than juice, etc. and I really wouldn't worry. It's happened to us quite a few times, and at first I was concerned, but it always evened out in the end.

Also, is she crying tears? Sweating? Drooling, or at least have saliva? If she isn't doing any of that it may be wise to check with a doctor. But I think going off the dry diaper alone, she should be totally fine and normal Smile

reed

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 11:53 am
One of my boys would wake up dry almost every morning, but fill it up very soon after. At first I thought it was odd, because he was usually soaked. Then I realized that if I was changing him as soon as he woke up, he'd be dry. If I waited just a few minutes longer, he'd be soaked. So I learned to give him a few minutes before dressing him so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle twice.

By the way, when he was potty-trained, nights were almost never an issue. And in general he was good at staying dry for long periods of time.

My little one, on the other hand, always wakes up soaked. So on the few occasions that she woke up dry, I would try to sit her straight on the potty for guaranteed success.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 11:57 am
called dr and they said just to up her fluids, its probably due to the prolonged heat

manhattanmom

Post Fri, Jun 25 2010, 12:50 pm
My kids have done this once in a while--I wouldn't be overly concerned until she's been up more than 3 hours and still dry.

And Happy Birthday--she is exactly 2 years younger than my son...

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 10:14 am
reed wrote:
One of my boys would wake up dry almost every morning, but fill it up very soon after. At first I thought it was odd, because he was usually soaked. Then I realized that if I was changing him as soon as he woke up, he'd be dry. If I waited just a few minutes longer, he'd be soaked. So I learned to give him a few minutes before dressing him so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle twice.

By the way, when he was potty-trained, nights were almost never an issue. And in general he was good at staying dry for long periods of time.

Exactly the same thing here. Never had to night train - he potty trained easily and early, dry at night with absolutely no effort on my part.
As long as the baby wets the diaper substantially within a short time after waking, and has no other symptoms of dehydration, she's just fine.

DovDov

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 10:18 am
reed wrote:

My little one, on the other hand, always wakes up soaked. So on the few occasions that she woke up dry, I would try to sit her straight on the potty for guaranteed success.

Here too.

One of my boys woke up with a wet diaper no matter how long he'd slept and the other has always been mostly dry mornings. Both potty-trained at about the same age, but the one was still in diapers at night until near on to five and the other transitioned completely to underwear at 2.5.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics