Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Is anyone else's child having a hard time?

Grace

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 2:23 pm
Sleeping in the heat?

Just wondering what your doing to try and make them more comfortable?

I put my dd down for bed quite early at night, she is usually asking for her bed etc, shes almost 2. An hour later she is waking up, I think she is too hot, its still light as anything outside and she can hear all the children outside playing. Im looking for ideas to help deal.

TIA

imamama

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 3:03 pm
I hear you. It gets pretty cool where I am at night, but when there's a heat wave, we have this problem.

Put her to sleep in just a diaper. Use a very lightweight sheet for a blanket. Keep the windows and drapes closed to keep out the light and the noise, and put a fan in the room. Once the sun sets, and stuff quiets down, you can turn off the fan and open the window.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 4:17 pm
I'm assuming turning on the air conditioner is not an option for you, correct?

What about a fan? I find that a ceiling fan right over the bed helps tremendously. If money is the issue, I think fans are very cheap to run. The research I did seems to indicate that fans cost about 2-3 cents per hour. If you don't want to install one, maybe a stand up fan blowing directly on her, if she can tolerate it.

Grace

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 5:21 pm
No AC here I wish, for her sake not mine.

About the fan, which I will get, why might it bother her?

I know I seem like a real dummy but last summer she was fine, also we had ac maybe that was the difference...

Laughing Bag!

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 5:23 pm
I had this problem with DD I used stand up fan that was turning so it wasnt directly on her all the time but circulated the air. Now I have a ceiling fan which I like better. However when its really humid I still put herin just an undershirt, and I leave her sippy cup with water so she can take a drink just in case. (She used to resent water but b/c she was thirsty enough to try she is drinking water more often; Juice is not a good Idea in this sence though).

pinkbubbles

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 1:48 am
I use a blackout curtain (leave it closed daytime so the room is cool at night) and a fan. I give ds water if he wakes up. his room is cool even without a/c.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics