Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Toilet training 19month old

Chippies

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 8:13 pm
I was planning to wait until my boy was closer to 3 years of age, but my parents bought him a little potty and he absolutely loves it. We have it in our living room (because we really don't have space for it in our bathroom), and at first, he only used it for storing toys. For the past couple of weeks, he'll sit on the toilet and say "peepee poopoo" and make a face that seems like he's really trying to push without anything actually coming out. Just yesterday, however, he sat down on it while naked and had a successful #2 with a few drops of pee as well. He was very excited when I flushed it down the big toilet. Then today, after 45 minutes of diaper off and not peeing, he sat on it again, but this time, right before he sat down he dropped the lid of the potty so that it was closed...he sat on it and peed all over the floor, said "uhoh" and seemed a bit scared/disturbed. He clearly has the association of toilet and making pee/poo.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice as to how I should go from here. I would love to be able to move the potty into the bathroom, but space is tight and will be for another month (until we move). Should I be giving him more diaperless time while we're home? I really don't want to push him. When I talked to his doctor, the doctor emphasized that I must follow his lead and never put any pressure on him to be toilet trained. Is asking him, "do you want to sit on the toilet?" or "Do you have to make a pee?" putting pressure on him? He's a fairly verbal kid and understands just about everything I say to him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training