Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Second name for Michal
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 10:34 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
I only have one name and I hate it. My name is Shira. No middle name, no english name....I don't like Shira too much, so I'm stuck.

Both my kids have two hebrew names and two english names for that reason.

I am just the opposite. I wrote above that I have a middle name and dont see the point and all my kids have 1 name.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 10:37 pm
Mother5 wrote:
I have 2 nieces, one Henna Michal, one Esther Michal (One goes by Esti, one by Michali!) I was going to give my daughter Michal Leah but my Rebbi didn't let me (for that particuar child - hopefully he will in the future!) I love the name Michal! Was my husband's grandmother. Where I am (chasidish) the name is not so common but I can't wait to give it.

Why does the rebbi not let? Because it's too modern? Too uncommon? Because he wanted you to use a different name? Do you always have the name approved and if he says no does he give a reason?

Dr. Toes

Post Mon, Jul 26 2010, 10:38 pm
michal devorah, michal adina, and michal yehudis all flow really nice

amother

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 12:54 am
michal817 wrote:

On the topic of second names, my middle name is Rachel (accent on the second syllable as well). I used to hate it, because I thought it sounded so silly together - miCHAL raCHEL - but I've since gotten used to it, and many people say they like the sound of it. I only go by my first name, though...

Hey, I have a friend with the same exact name (but she can't be you because your profile says Kew Gardens)! I like it a lot, but then, I like my friend. Smile

First Lady of Truthiness

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 4:07 am
My name is Michal Aviva and I've always loved it. (I'm named for a great grandmother, whose Yiddish name was Matti - Mary in English - and a great grandfather, Avraham.)

I'm personally not a fan of a first name and middle name that "run into" each other with the same letter at the end of the first name and at the beginning of the second name.

When naming our daughter, I really liked Tifarah, but we were using Rachel as a middle name after my husband's grandmother, and I didn't like the sound of Tifarah Rachel ("rah-rah.") So we stuck with Tiferet as a first name - and I love it.

winter_rose

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 2:03 pm
Michal Elisheva

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 5:23 am
First Lady of Truthiness wrote:
name was Matti

This name is PURE LOVE Heart

amother

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 9:41 pm
Michal Bayla 8)

louche

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 12:01 pm
Shelley.
(in the early 1970s or so, an israeli song titled "Michal Sheli" enjoyed some brief popularity.)

sllyjllybn

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 12:09 pm
my sisters name is Michal Geula

ann ema

Post Fri, Oct 15 2010, 11:21 am
I know a Michal Esther and I think that sounds great! I think you should ask a Rav about adding a second name - esp if the first name is after someone. Best of luck!

louche

Post Fri, Oct 15 2010, 12:26 pm
ann ema wrote:
I know a Michal Esther and I think that sounds great! !

Beware of second names beginning with vowels. Michal Esther eventually sounds like Micha Lester. And beware of names like Michal Leah, too, which eventually will sound like Michaleh, or Michal Leora, which will become Michali Ora.

wwmom

Post Fri, Oct 15 2010, 2:55 pm
I know 2 Michal Esther's and I love it. I think it goes great together.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names