Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Lucille Roberts

wtvr

Post Wed, Jul 21 2010, 9:53 am
Has anyone ever had membership issues? I'm thinking of joining, and their price seems very reasonable, but I've been reading online that people have had issues cancelling, being automatically renewed, etc., so I'm getting nervous.

Has anyone had such issues?

nicole81

Post Wed, Jul 21 2010, 10:56 am
I never tried to cancel so I can't attest to issues with that. Yes, you are automatically renewed, but that has been the case with every gym or subscription service of any type.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 21 2010, 11:04 am
I adore my membership & never thought to cancel. Will your health insurance pay for it ?

wtvr

Post Wed, Jul 21 2010, 11:11 am
I don't think my health insurance pays. They may offer discounts at certain gyms, I'll check.

Maya

Post Wed, Jul 21 2010, 11:17 am
I don't think their canceling policies are different than most other gyms. If you're really concerned about it, maybe you could look into non-contract monthly plans.

ysydmom

Post Wed, Jul 21 2010, 12:17 pm
You should do it. They charge you automatically for the amount of time you sign up for. After that period you can cancel, also ask them if you can do a trial membership for a month or 2 and make sure you are going to go all the time.

Most ppl. sign up and never go that's how they make money! So make sure you are really motivated and have actual time to go.

Best of luck.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 21 2010, 12:39 pm
they do automatically renew unless you call them and specifically tell them not to renew ur membership, and they have canceling fees... but every gym has those. they are no different. its a good gym, ive been a member there for 2 years. definitley not the most luxurious 5 star gym but for the price you pay, you get all the basics you would need in a gym....

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 21 2010, 2:24 pm
I walked by one day, said sign me up and never looked back. I made friends. I got cute workout clothes. I got muscles like you can't believe.

You can't take one class anywhere else for what we pay for a month. And, as I said, if I attend twice a week, my health insurance reimburses me, $200 every 6 months. And with that, I can get a platinum membership, visit any location, sit in the sauna, and I got money to spare for a personal trainer, etc. !

I looove trying out different locations and doing shopping nearby.

Let's face it, we all age. No way are we going to look the same if we don't take care of ourselves. Lucille is a constant helpful reminder of this. And it's fun !!!!

de_goldy

Post Wed, Jul 21 2010, 11:01 pm
I signed up there and it was a nightmare trying to contact customer service. The workers at the gym refuse to help with any membership issues - they give you a number to call for customer service. I personally, was never able to get through to customer service. I called day after day and no answer. I have a friend who called every day for three weeks straight and never got through. This makes it very hard to cancel a membership or have anything fixed/adjusted/answered. I ended up having to call my credit card company and tell them not to allow the charges.

Maya

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 12:11 am
They have online customer service now. And today, I got through on the phone on the first try. I guess it depends on personal experience.

wtvr

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 10:08 am
Thanks all! I'll definitely go check it out.

wtvr

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 10:08 am
Oh, btw, do they have a referral system - will someone get credit if I say they recommended it?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 11:28 am
wtvr wrote:
Oh, btw, do they have a referral system - will someone get credit if I say they recommended it?

Sure, they get a free shirt.

De Goldy, I've called Cust Service several times and they've always answered right away and been very helpful.

applemartini101

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 11:39 am
I moved to a different country in middle of my contract and had hell trying to cancel it! I dont remember what we did in the end b/c I let my mom take care of it (as I was not in the same city anymore!)

SorGold

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 12:01 pm
They want you to do most customer service online or by snail mail (yah right) guess thats why you may not get anywhere on the phone. I did call the other day and someone did pickup.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise