Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Give up for now?

suomynona

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 9:40 am
I've been toilet training my 2 3/4 year old daughter for the last 2 weeks somewhat successfully, depending on the day. I didn't want to take off from work so I've been doing it in the afternoons and weekends. I decided to try to keep her home today through Sunday and finish once and for all.
Well, today she had 4 accidents, and once went in the toilet. When she has an accident, she's very proud of herself. Should I bother to continue at this point?
She's starting real school next month, and I'm not sure if she's allowed to be in diapers. I think she's going to be one of the youngest in her class.

louche

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 9:44 am
Unless your school accepts children in diapers--and most do not--then you can't quit now. maybe take a break for a couple of days, but you can't just let it go unless you're willing to keep her home from school till she decides she's good and ready.

boymom

Post Sun, Aug 01 2010, 6:24 pm
I was having same situation with my son( same age) . I was a using a reg toilet. we switched to a potty and put it in the kitchen (was easiest for me) . we made a whole big deal out of it, bought special toys for potty time.. stickers... puzzles... prizes... it really helped.

yummydd

Post Sun, Aug 01 2010, 6:26 pm
I had a potty that played a song every time she made in it, maybe try something like this. Good Luck.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Aug 01 2010, 6:42 pm
Why would stopping now help? What will make her think the coming time will be final? Also, if you plan to send her to a school that only accepts trained children, you'll have to start again shortly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training