Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Snuggling with kids in bed in morning - till what age?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 10:13 am
My kids like to come to my bed in the morning to cuddle and shmooze. (not every child every day, but often.) If it's too early, then they just lie there, and at least I can rest. I love this, but my qusetion is this:
My oldest is a ds who is now 10. He's very happy to come. But I was thinking this morning, wow, I guess I won't be doing this too much longer!! (image of tall Yeshiva Bochur in my bed!!!! LOL ).
So, how old is too old? Should I tell him to stop, he won;t understand and be hurt, or wait till he naturally will stop on his own?? Will that happen??

(PS. If you don't like this whole idea of snuggling and would never do it, please don't even answer here. Thanks)

red sea

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 11:40 am
He is not a yeshiva bochur, he is your child. Snuggle as long as he wants to.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 11:47 am
My almost-Bas-Mitzva DD comes for a snuggle here and there. Why not a boy?

I imagine she will out-grow this need sooner or later, so I'd better enjoy this stage while it lasts!

GetReal

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 12:25 pm
I would think that he will stop on his own eventually, there is probably no need to stop him. And then you will miss it!

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 12:38 pm
I have another question to add here. My dd is almost 2 & I was wondering how others deal w/ children coming into their room in the morning. Are your beds always apart & you always tzniyus? Ideally, I'd like to have a full & twin size bed, but that's not possible in the near future. Also, I really don't want to sleep in tzniyus pjs always (yet don't want my kids to see me any other way).

ididit

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 1:10 pm
we discovered an amazing device called a door knob lock. we lock the door at night (or anytime we don't want visitors) and then, after we're all tznius and covered up, we unlock the door so the kids can join us if they want to...

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 1:15 pm
Ditto we have a hook and eye lock inside our door, which we use when needed.

In terms of the beds - many kids don't think that deeply into these things. When I was growing up, my mother would rearrange house furniture every so often - move a couch here, a picture there, a dresser against the opposite wall....when she moved around her bedroom furniture because she wanted to "try it out this way" I thought nothing of it.

SivanMom

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 1:26 pm
I think he'll grow out of it on his own and probably pretty soon. I wouldn't want to tell him outright not to come because what's if he just needs a snuggle one day because of a bad day or something? He'll think it's not appropriate to hug his mother. I think you only have to stop it if it makes you uncomfortable, otherwise, who cares?

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 3:48 pm
I think it only becomes inappropriate when the child is no longer comfortable with it...or he gets married, whichever comes first Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children