Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What type of washing machine do you have?

achayl

Post Sat, Aug 14 2010, 8:25 pm
Presently I have a Maytag Neptune, 6 years old, and the bearings are going .... it'll be a $700 - $900 repair. We were told to look for a new one, by two people.

What type of washer would you recommend for someone to buy? (North American brands please)

shluchamom

Post Sat, Aug 14 2010, 10:04 pm
do not get a front loader they might be great for less water usage and other reasons but they have many issues such as mold and mildew and other issues that are very very frustrating after a few months of use.

ccc

Post Sat, Aug 14 2010, 10:26 pm
shluchamom wrote:
do not get a front loader they might be great for less water usage and other reasons but they have many issues such as mold and mildew and other issues that are very very frustrating after a few months of use.

so so not true!! I have a front loader for 4 years & its the best ever!! (maytag)

Merrymom

Post Sat, Aug 14 2010, 11:13 pm
shluchamom wrote:

Absolutely! My expensive LG washer was a nightmare. Now I have my baby; a GE top loader that is huge and energy efficient too. If you really want to know I'll find out the model number for you, it's fabulous!

Nuts

Post Sat, Aug 14 2010, 11:25 pm
A front loader is not very safe around children.

alpidarkomama

Post Sat, Aug 14 2010, 11:44 pm
I've had a front-loader since 2003 and have LOVED it. It takes a large quantity of clothes and they all come out very clean. I wipe out the rubber gasket around the door from time to time, and have never had a problem with mold or off smells. We moved into a new house that had a new-ish washer/drier (top-loader) and I still chose to use my older front loader.

And how is a front loader dangerous to children??????????

tzipp

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 5:26 am
Our front loader has a cleaning cycle you do every few weeks, which takes care of any mildew. It also has a child lock, so no problem there.

ChutzPAh

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 5:29 am
merrymom-can you please list the model number as I'd like to check it out. thanks!

achayl

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 5:36 am
I definitely want a front loader. My Maytag, the repairman showed me, is totally plastic... It appears the 'Maytag man' is no longer out of a job!

Merrymom

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 9:06 pm
ChutzPAh wrote:
merrymom-can you please list the model number as I'd like to check it out. thanks!

I have the GE WHRE5550K2WW.

It is huge, you can wash a large blanket in there and still have room left over. It does a fantastic job and doesn't rip your clothing (there's no agitator, you know that beam kind of thing in the center like the old machines have), it's energy efficient, inexpensive, and there's no rubber seal to clean out so no smelly gunk. Seriously, they should pay me for saying all these nice things but I'm doing it for free because I'm so happy to have such a great machine finally.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Aug 17 2010, 7:43 pm
I love my front loader. A Kenmore.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry