Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How to stop night time visits

LondonIma

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 12:51 am
I’m looking for advice on how to stop my 2 1/2 year old coming in to my room at night. She doesn’t disturb us and I often find her curled in a ball on the floor- this happens normally once a night but can be as much as 3 or 4 times. If I shut and lock my door I find her in the hall way, if I shut her door (not locked but latched which she doesn’t yet know how to open) she will cry and scream hysterically- and wake the baby up (which I desperately want to avoid) she used to go to sleep with the door closed but for the past few months has asked for its open a bit- which we have done to avoid a fight. For the most part she goes down at night beautifully at 7 and can be up anytime from 6- 7:30.

Anyone go through this and have any ideas for us, it's not causing us any grief- for instance this morning I woke up at 6 and found her next to my bed, no clue how long she's been there- she wasn’t there at 4 when I was up- but obviously I would prefer her to sleep the whole night through in her OWN room.

thanks-

cubbie

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 4:00 am
I would use a sticker chart with a prize at the end, she's young so before she goes to bed show her the stickers, show her the chart and explain a few times that if she's still in her bed when you wake in the morning she gets a sticker and when she has X stickers she gets a prize.

fiddle

Post Wed, Aug 18 2010, 4:12 am
why dont you get her some books, toys and a night light and some things for her room, that way when she wakes up tell her that everyone else is sleeping and she can read or play in her bed with the light so she wont disturb anyone.

my daughter was having trouble sleeping at night and would come to my room and wake me. I gave her books and put a stickie on my door which I told her said I was sleeping and she cant come in - and when its on the door she cant come in. she hasnt come back since. she sometimes wakes up at night and I hear her but she doesnt bother me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics