Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Messed up my potato kugel?

amother

Post Fri, Aug 27 2010, 1:27 pm
I wanted to make something different this Shabbos so I decided to take my potato kugel and fry it on the stovetop.
I chose the wrong pan though. I put it to cook and after about 40 minutes felt it was ready to flip and when I flipped it I saw the top had stuck - I didnt use a no stick pan. So I had no top to the kugel so I switched frying pans to a no stick one and essentially re did the whole thing in that pan. But is that bad, could we get sick since it ended up cooking for SO long, twice on one side really.....and I switched pans in the middle.....
Is it safe to eat?

Bella:D

Post Fri, Aug 27 2010, 1:46 pm
I'm sure its safe to eat, you don't get sick (as far as I know) from cooking something too long, you could get sick from cooking something not long enough if it has eggs or things like that. As long as its not burned I'm sure youre fine. I hope it was worth the effort!

louche

Post Fri, Aug 27 2010, 1:48 pm
Overcooked food never hurt anybody, though I wouldn't count on its having too many vitamins left. If you're ok with eating food cooked in nonstick pans, then your kugel is fine.

Food that is scorched is not the healthiest, and health experts advise you to avoid eating parts that are actually black. Overcooked food has usually lost some nutritional value and often some taste, but isn't dangerous.

paprika

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 5:40 pm
Want some of my overnight potato kugel? Sure beats the 50 minute cooked one, and never got sick from it yet, BH.

greenfire

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 8:30 pm
who gets sick from potatoe kugel ... Tongue Out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen