Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Caring and feeding of husbands-Dr Laura

Tefila

Post Tue, Jul 25 2006, 9:46 pm
Imo most of what she says she is out to lunch. Exclamation She speaks of extreme situations and makes her examples out to be hardend wives who are feminists and r only out for themselves don't care about husbands , and the poor husbands are made into wimps by them/us.

The only good thing I can say about that book is it gets one to see the other perspective. And put oneself in their husbands shoes. And any sholom bayis book would do that .

She talks about a women who has five kids and the husband complains she wears motherly clothes most of the time well who wouldn't duh Rolling Eyes why wear high heels and suits when cooking supper and playing with the kids. shock
She totaly stands up for the men makes the women as someone with no feeling or concern basically the witch. Now I am not saying perhaps there are not witches out there but that her whole book gives examples of such is abit extreme.

mumsy23

Post Tue, Jul 25 2006, 9:50 pm
I think the book is meant for the women and when you are dealing with shalom bayis and talking to a woman, well you should be taking her husbands side. Maybe she is extreme so that you look at yourself and think about what YOU are doing that maybe in teh same catagory (even if not to that extreme).

Maybe if she wrote a book that was meant to be read by men, she would take the man's side.

I am reading the book and I like what she has to say, I do feel it is helping me to be a more understanding and better wife.

lucky

Post Tue, Jul 25 2006, 11:04 pm
I read through most of the book, but I did not care for the way she portrays the women.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 26 2006, 10:14 am
I also read her books and was disappointed. she msut be better on the radio.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room