Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
I NEED A WORK AT HOME JOB
Previous  1  2  3  Next

JAWSCIENCE

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 11:27 pm
I work for demand at nights sometimes to bring in some extra money. I get paid 25$ per article as a writer and have not had problems finding titles to write because I have an advanced degree in the healthcare field. The pay comes on time. They require a writing sample and say they accept about 50% of applicants to be writers.

I also do Title Edit (different than Title QA) every now and then. It is 4 cents a title and to be honest, I make much more as a writer and find writing much more satisfying. I only do Titles when I am feeling lazy/only hvae a few minutes.

It's a great way to bring in extra cash.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 2:23 am
Quote:
I am not the op but also in a similar situation and have always been interested in medical transcription but didn't know how to go about it. Can you tell me about this four month course and other details about who to contact for job opportunities?

I took a course through DocuMed in Lakewood. It's an online course and it costs $1800. A month after I finished the course, they set me up with work, and I've been working for them ever since. They're a great company. I don't have their number offhand but let me know if you're interested and I'll get it for you.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 4:09 am
How much does medical transcription pay? Are most companies willing to hire people living in Israel or do you have to get lucky and find someone who is. Are there lots of jobs available meaning if you invest in the course and do well and are a hard worker will you most likely find something?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 5:17 am
[quote="TwinsMommy"]
amother wrote:
GingerSpice wrote:
TwinsMommy wrote:
if you're interested in skin care, color cosmetics, or greeting cards, I can interview you-- I recruit for two very different companies. Both can be done in the evenings by phone and computer. pm me for more info and we'll set up a phone time.

I live in Israel, can I also do it from here?

For the skin care/ color cosmetics company, no, sorry. It's inventory based and we don't ship overseas to countries who dont have a distribution center.

For the greeting card company, yes if you have a social security number and an American address to which we can ship your kit (if your parents live here, for instance)--- then, yes, you can do it anywhere since it's all phone and computer.

How much does the kit cost, or is it free? And what does it actually entail?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 11:06 am
Quote:
How much does medical transcription pay? Are most companies willing to hire people living in Israel or do you have to get lucky and find someone who is. Are there lots of jobs available meaning if you invest in the course and do well and are a hard worker will you most likely find something?

It goes by line. 7.5 cents per line or 8 cents per 65 characters, depending on the account. If you type quickly, you make more per hour than if you type slowly. I think on average most MTs make 12-15 dollars an hour, some a lot more if they're speed typists. Companies don't care where people live since it's all done online from home. Most of DocuMeds MTs are in Israel, as far as I know. DocuMed finds most MTs a job within 2 months of finishing the course. IME, any time I asked for more work, they had something available. It's not hard to find work if you're good at it.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 11:17 am
What if you have a transcriptionist experience with a different firm? Do you still have to pay for training?
Do you have to buy any equipment? If so, how much does it cost?

Thanks

amother

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 11:37 am
I think they make you take a test if you're already experienced, and if you pass the test, you don't have to take the course. I had to buy a foot pedal which I got for about $40 new on eBay and a medical speller which cost about $79, IIRC. There are much cheaper medical spellers out there too. Otherwise you just need a computer with high-speed internet and word processing.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 11:51 am
amother wrote:
I think they make you take a test if you're already experienced, and if you pass the test, you don't have to take the course. I had to buy a foot pedal which I got for about $40 new on eBay and a medical speller which cost about $79, IIRC. There are much cheaper medical spellers out there too. Otherwise you just need a computer with high-speed internet and word processing.

That sounds good. I've looked at other companies' websites some time ago and they all wanted you to buy equipment from them, and it wasn't cheap.
How do they pay? Do they mail you a check, or is it a direct deposit?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 12:04 pm
They give you a choice of check by mail or direct deposit.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 12:17 pm
Do they send you a W-2 form to fill out?

Thanks

amother

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 12:23 pm
I don't remember exactly which form they sent, but it's either a W2 or something similar.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 12:57 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I do ebay for an existing brick-and-mortar store, I put their inventory online, they do the shipping. this way I'm an employee and dont have to take any losses if stuff doesnt sell. I get paid by the hour.

I don't have the time money items or ideas to start an ebay store, but this is just what I'm looking for. Be an employee and make a side income. How and where can I find such a job??

yentadevosha

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 8:33 pm
amother wrote:
I do medical transcription from home. I live in Israel. It can be done from anywhere in the world. I did have to take a 4-month course first, but it was so worth it.

I would really like to hear more info about this. Please pm me.

realeez

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 8:42 pm
I do medical transcription as well but keep in mind that you do have to know more than just how to type quickly. You have to get good at deciphering medication names and diseases and have a good knowledge of anatomy. If you work for a company you can get away with less knowledge as someone is probably correcting your stuff but if you are an independent contractor, as I am, and don't want to pay a huge chunk of your salary to your employer, you really have to know your stuff. I took a course through M-TEC and the foot pedal was included in the course.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 11:06 pm
Dancing

Last edited by amother on Thu, Dec 31 2015, 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 11:34 pm
mamabear, you have to do it from their place though, don't you? and how good is the pay?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 11:34 pm
mamabear, you have to do it from their place though, don't you? and how good is the pay?

Savta

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 11:37 pm
to the amother who does medical transcription can you pm me as well I have some questions please.

artsy

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 9:42 pm
bump

Anyone with info/contacts for gettting medical transcription work from home and what course is 4 mos./ where you take it from? Is it online? Does employer pay for training?

e1234

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 2:52 am
for those who do medical transcription
I have a friend who took a course and worked in a dr's office but then moved and is out of a job.
Does anyone know names of who she can contact regarding doing medical transcription from home.
She does have previous experience both in medical transcription and medical billing.
(She is in the US)
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers