Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight watchers - starting today

Pandabeer

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 9:07 pm
I'm starting my diet as of now - Who is joining me? I'm looking for mothers to start together with me and encourage me. also looking for good tips!

nicole81

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 9:09 pm
I'm beginning on wednesday or thursday. my workplace is having a biggest loser challenge which starts this week and I'm waiting until the first weigh in to start.

Yocheved84

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 9:12 pm
I started re-recording my weight with WeightWatchers online this morning, but ummm...already maxed out my points.

I'm staring tomorrow. Let's all do this!! And if anyone wants to check in here and get chizzuk and hugs, this should be the spot!

I'm starting tomorrow with a goal of staying at my 26 points.

Thanks, PandaBear and Nicole!

nicole81

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 9:18 pm
I have no idea how much I weigh; my digital scale stopped working months ago when my kids drowned it:)

last time I was on WW I got 28 points so it remains to be seen how much I get this time...

gl to everyone!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 9:29 pm
I just started weight watchers again on wednesday. I can only have 21 points. I have about 35 to loose to be at my lowest (before I had kids)! Excited to see this thead!

shayna82

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 9:29 pm
I was on ww from this past january until I got pregnant in June. I lost 30 pounds and it came off on a regular steady base. ww is the best food plan out there. It was easy to follow the point system, it takes some getting used to. remember that the only one that suffers from eating past your points is you, and that the next day is a new days to start fresh if you mess up. If you keep to your points mostly every day, shabbos wont mess you up.
Good luck!!!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 10:04 pm
I wish you the best of luck! Once you get the hang of the counting points and figuring out low points yet fulling food it will be easy and you will see a success. Remember to do some exercize too.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 11 2010, 10:25 pm
Hey, I just started this week too! So Far so good, I was at or under my points for each day(under by .5 not being anorexic) plus I got activity points that I didn't cash in! I find the best way to do it is to plan all the point and food for the day before I start eating anything, then I can space out my food accordingly knowing exactly how much I have to eat. I'm so happy there is a group of ppl starting this all at the same time and we can all support each other.

Pandabeer

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 12:12 am
excited to have so many co-dieters
anyone knows how to calculate points - beside the book - the yiddishe foods

nicole81

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 12:18 am
you'd have to give examples...

the best way is to go by ingredients for the entire recipe then dividing by the number of servings.

but I'd say that most of the classic jewish foods are extremely high in points and should usually be avoided!

Yocheved84

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 12:23 am
nicole81 wrote:
you'd have to give examples...

the best way is to go by ingredients for the entire recipe then dividing by the number of servings.

but I'd say that most of the classic jewish foods are extremely high in points and should usually be avoided!

You're right! The good thing about WW is that it was founded in Long Island and over the years, they've added more and more foods to the Online Points Database. They now have knishes, matzo balls, and rugelach on there. What I sometimes do is find a frozen or prepared version with nutritional info (or google "kreplach" and "nutritional info") and input the info on WW's points calculator.

cubbie

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 12:28 am
well done for choosing WW and good luck.
I've got to goal before on WW (before pregnancies) and lost nice amounts between pregnancies (but never got to goal, because I was always pregnant before then)
Well now I've been back on WW for 17 weeks - I get weighed tonight, so I don't know how much I've lost this week, but until last week - 16 weeks - I'd lost 11kg (24.2 lbs).
I find it really easy to stick to, but to succeed it's really important to keep writing everything down, don't think that once you've been doing it for a few weeks, you can stop tracking, you won't keep losing if you stop tracking.

ottawa

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 10:50 am
So I joined WW about 3 years ago. I never got to goal, as I got Pregnate. After giving birth I rejoined, and am loving it. I am almost at pre pregnancy weight which is not so far from goal. The last pounds are the toughest to lose. I know we can all make it. Good Luck.

kaye

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 11:05 am
I also started today. I have 15 lbs to go.

zb99m

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 12:02 pm
I'm restarting WW today...did very well on it a few years ago, then started a couple of months ago and let the chagim throw me completely off track.

SparkPeople has a free website where you can input your recipes and calculate the nutrition facts, then you just use your PointsFinder slider to do the rest!

25 lbs to go...

Pandabeer

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 1:30 pm
is this sparkpeople WW or is it a different program?

40 Lbs to go!!!

zb99m

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 1:45 pm
SparkPeople is a "diet and fitness resource", I guess- they offer personalized diet plans, etc. for a fee, but there are a ton of free resources on their site that anyone can use.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise