Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Dc taken from dorm to ER, I need sleep

amother

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 7:10 pm
That sounds more selfish than it is, I promise.
My dear child was injured in the dorm tonight and there is nothing I can do for the child. The child is mostly ok, as of when I spoke to the hospital. They said hopefully just stitches were needed. The child is about 3 hours away from home. I wanted to hear more news before I went to sleep as they sent child for x rays and tests to check for internal injuries but when I called they still had nothing conclusive to tell me. I am so tired, nervous and sad....
I'm not sure if I should try to sleep or try to keep calling the er for an update. feeling frustrated and helpless.
chizzuk welcome.

shosh

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 7:13 pm
First of all, that sounds horribly bewildering and worrying especially as he or she is not at home. I can perfectly understand how you feel. My boy at yeshiva ketana called up me up last zman to tell me he was off to Terem bc he'd done something to his foot and I also sat there worrying even though I was also sure that b"H everything was ok. And that was only for a sprained foot. So I can understand how much more alarmed you must be.

But having said that, it doesn't sound like there's much you can do right now anyway as he is so far away and it's after midnight already. I don't reckon you'll sleep much, so I suggest trying to keep your mind off it by either vegging out over here or having a warm bath, making a warm drink, and lying in bed with a very mindless, silly book. (Bodice rippers, anyone?)

Anyway, I really hope that everything will be ok.

Hug

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 7:14 pm
Why not drive to the ER to make sure the "child" is ok? Is he/she alone?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 7:26 pm
Thanks Shosh for understanding.
poor kid. Crying

Mimisinger wrote:
Why not drive to the ER to make sure the "child" is ok? Is he/she alone?

because I don't have a car
Nor the money for taxis
no buses right now
Can't see leaving all the other kids here without me for at least 6 hours for no good reason even if I did have a car.

An older student is with the child.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 8:22 pm
Crying You're in a difficult position, in that there isn't much you can do, though you'd love to RUN and scoop him up and make it all better. Don't let yourself feel guilty and stay awake because of that. You need your strength for tomorrow and the next few days. Try to sleep, and think that you're 'making them a mother'. Hug

amother

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 8:35 pm
Thank you life'sgreat.
dc just called. still waiting for ct results, but dc sounds ok. I am going to try to sleep and get a full update in the morning.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 8:42 pm
As soon as I saw this, I said a perek Tehillim.
Glad you're off to sleep, sounds like the appropriate thing to do. I'm sure you'll have all the ringers on loud.
I assume that you researched the school well, have people in the adminstration/faculty/community etc. that you know are on the ball, and you've done all the right things so far.
B"H communications now are such that you can call and talk and be kept posted easily.
Refuah shleima!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 8:48 pm
Refuah Shelaima and may the news be good!

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 8:48 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you life'sgreat.
dc just called. still waiting for ct results, but dc sounds ok. I am going to try to sleep and get a full update in the morning.

Sleep well! You deserve it. Seriously. Don't let the voices in your head tell you that 'you should be doing x, or maybe y would be a better idea'. You need sleep and that's what you should do. Hug

I'm glad things seem ok.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 8:59 pm
DC just called back! The ct came back fine, bh. They closed the wound up with staples and they are releasing DC now.

Goodnight all. Thanks for being there for me.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 9:16 pm
amother wrote:
DC just called back! The ct came back fine, bh. They closed the wound up with staples and they are releasing DC now.

Goodnight all. Thanks for being there for me.

B"H!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children