Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Do you have one bathroom?????
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Nov 18 2010, 5:37 pm
actually my five year old washes his hands after using the toilet.... according to his last meal. milchig sink before supper, flaishig sink after supper Very Happy

bnm

Post Thu, Nov 18 2010, 6:48 pm
I only have one. bit of a problem when pregnant. once I figure out if I have room for a toaster oven I can see if I have room for a second bathroom!

shanie5

Post Thu, Nov 18 2010, 7:25 pm
one bath
one half bath

Ronit

Post Thu, Nov 18 2010, 7:34 pm
shanie5 wrote:
one bath
one half bath
Same like Shanie5

ChutzPAh

Post Thu, Nov 18 2010, 9:16 pm
Barbara, I can one up you. I have meat, dairy, pareve, and treif bathrooms. The treif one is off the guest room, in case they don't have the same high standards as us.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 18 2010, 9:18 pm
In our old apartment we had one bathroom but we learnt to deal with it.

Barbara

Post Thu, Nov 18 2010, 10:01 pm
bnm wrote:
I only have one. bit of a problem when pregnant. once I figure out if I have room for a toaster oven I can see if I have room for a second bathroom!

???? You're going to pee in the toaster oven? Careful not to electrocute yourself.

Inspired

Post Fri, Nov 19 2010, 1:42 am
I have one bathroom for me and the girls. Then I have a row of urinals out in the yard for the boys.

Bliss

Post Fri, Nov 19 2010, 1:54 am
One bathroom for us. Most of the time it's not a problem but when it is, it's a huge one.

zipporah

Post Fri, Nov 19 2010, 2:18 am
We lived for 18 months with 1 bathroom. I was pregnant during that time, and DH has IBS. Not fun. Now we have an extra half bath, which makes a lot of difference. It was even more important than going from two bedrooms to three.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 19 2010, 9:49 am
Mama Bear wrote:
what do you do when youre sitting on the toilet and your 3 yr olds has an emergnecy???? what do you do when youre in the shower and your five year old has an emergency???? What do you do when youre husband is having a post-cholent reading fest on the porcelain seat and YOU have an emergency????????
Don't get me started. I am about to burst out crying.
We have had accidents that shouldn't have happened....especially since someone in the shower can't necessarily hear someone outside the bathroom.
It's so bad that I refuse to really train my daughter who is ready (she's your second's age: 2 and 4 months or whatever but likes to go and knows when she needs to) because I just can't have one more kid needing to use the toilet at the same exact time. We have to move, it's nuts.

No practical advice other than make sure to have a good kesher with your neighbors so your kid can go there in an emergency.

A friend of mine told me she even did that herself...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 19 2010, 9:50 am
Inspired wrote:
I have one bathroom for me and the girls. Then I have a row of urinals out in the yard for the boys.
LOL LOL LOL

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 19 2010, 9:52 am
zipporah wrote:
We lived for 18 months with 1 bathroom. I was pregnant during that time, and DH has IBS. Not fun. Now we have an extra half bath, which makes a lot of difference. It was even more important than going from two bedrooms to three.
Yes, when we move (I refuse to use the word if...but I don't have anywhere to move to before I get all these calls about what people read on imamother), at least 1.5 baths is a must. Bedrooms? I can do with even just 1. Last night I had my oldest on the couch, my second on the living room floor, my third on the hall floor, and my baby in my room. (Extenuating cirumstances: they were waiting for my sister to come. She was supposed to come around 8, but ended up coming in after 10.) Who needs a bedroom for kids? Wink

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 19 2010, 9:56 am
Barbara wrote:
We have 2 bathrooms, milk and meat. You should see their faces at the mikvah when we bring the commodes to toivel before Pesach. I keep telling DH that we should get special Pesach commodes, but he refuses.

If we've been constipated for a while, and it could be milk and meat, we just use a nearby bush.
Do you kasher it for Pesach at least? I'm not sure I can trust your kashrus.

MrsDash

Post Fri, Nov 19 2010, 11:03 am
Mama Bear wrote:
what do you do when youre sitting on the toilet and your 3 yr olds has an emergnecy???? what do you do when youre in the shower and your five year old has an emergency???? What do you do when youre husband is having a post-cholent reading fest on the porcelain seat and YOU have an emergency????????

Having 1 bathroom is absolutely awful! It's a race between the 3 of us to the bathroom every morning LOL

Teacup9

Post Fri, Nov 19 2010, 11:30 am
I wish we had more than one but se la vie.

We ask each other before spending too long in there. I had to teach my husband not to lock the door when he is in the shower (how can he do that? he shared one bathroom with six siblings plus parents as a kid!)

For my three year old we bought a second, plastic, plumbingless commode from Ikea. However he told me he prefers to go outside....on the car...specifically the tires. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I've tried to explain to my husband and son that they can go at the same time, but they don't chop. Then I told my husband that they should be able to because women share all the time (that is why we go to the bathroom together all the time) and he believed me!

Mrs. XYZ

Post Fri, Nov 19 2010, 12:49 pm
My relative has a couple of kids with one bathroom. She many times sends her boys to the shul down the block.

Batyah

Post Sat, Nov 20 2010, 1:36 pm
We have one toilet....
If it is an emergency - so the bathtub is the alternative....provided that everyone "flushes"

I do have a compost toilet but I don't have it set up yet - I still need to get a bucket of saw dust to "flush" with.

BTW we live in a moshava in EY so the compast toilet contents can just be added to the manure /compost pile from our goats and chickens no big deal.....

zipporah

Post Sat, Nov 20 2010, 2:00 pm
Batyah wrote:
We have one toilet....
If it is an emergency - so the bathtub is the alternative....provided that everyone "flushes"

I do have a compost toilet but I don't have it set up yet - I still need to get a bucket of saw dust to "flush" with.

BTW we live in a moshava in EY so the compast toilet contents can just be added to the manure /compost pile from our goats and chickens no big deal.....

I had actually looked at a camping website for a compost toilet for our porch. If we hadn't moved, I was gonna try it.

Liba

Post Sat, Nov 20 2010, 2:06 pm
Batyah wrote:

Have you checked that? Human waste is high in heavy metals and carries a lot of human bacteria and parasites. If it is used to fertilize food sold for human consumption can spread disease. The animal manure/compost is it used to fertilize food grown for human consumption?

If it is I wouldn't assume that you can add your compose toilet contents without thoroughly checking into the risks and the laws. Even if the current laws haven't addressed and banned it, it might be worth asking if putting the health and lives of others at risk it halachikly permitted.

You don't want to be the one responsible for the next ecoli breakout caused by using human waist to fertilize the moshava's lettuce or tomatoes. chv"sh.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics