Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Job

A

Post Mon, Dec 13 2010, 5:30 pm
hi
I have a 14 month old baby and a 6 week old new born
I have to find a job and I have no idia where to start
I don't have alot of pationts, and I was on bed rest for a long time so I have pregnancy brain and body if you know what I meen.
I really need the money and my husband is learning.
any suggestions for an easy job that pays alot?

Post Mon, Dec 13 2010, 9:15 pm
Mazel tov! First let me give you a little encouragment lol
My sister and I are 13 months apart. Im sure it was really hard on dear mom but as we got older, it was just beautiful! It will be hard now but in 2 years you will be reaping the rewards...
Nothing like having kids close in age...

Now back to the question.
First, please ask your husband to find a job. In your situation raising two young babies, you probably should not be working.
you can start working on your resume
and buy the newspapers

good luck!!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 13 2010, 9:30 pm
What about babysitting ?

A

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 12:43 pm
if I want to babysit how do I start? what do I do?

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 1:46 pm
babysitting doesn't pay well but it could be really fun and rewarding.

you'd first get certified and then you'd get cpr certified, a criminal background check, get your home ready for inspection (I don't know if they inspect the whole house or just the area where you run the daycare), set up your paperwork systems and files, hire assistants, advertise, and start filling slots. I think the rules for home daycares though are a lot different than for commercial businesses---- the rules for how many kids of each age you can take vary state to state and you'll have to figure whether your own kids count in the tally.

I have no idea how you'd support a family on a babysitter's salary though--- so you'd probably want something higher paying. I'm in sales and work from home and I don't work long hours but the hours I do work I'm compensated very well so for my needs (I need money more than something super rewarding--- frankly I think sometimes I'd RATHER babysit!) ---- it works.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 9:55 pm
first of all twinsmommy is correct if you want to go about becoming a licensed babysitter. if your interested in babysitting for a few kids. spread the word of mouth that your doing it. find out what the going rate is per hour in your area and charge that. have the parents supply diapers and other baby parafilia. you decide if your doing food. you have the potentional to earn good money babysitting. depends on how you do it. here if you have 5 kids (7 including your own) not to bad your making 20 bucks an hour. you than have to figure out taxes with your tax guy at the end of the year. good luck. its a great job if you have the patience. one of the issues is making sure your child is ok wiht him sharing his toys. I definalty recommand you taking another area and desginating toys just for him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers