Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Is this mean?

micki

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 9:26 am
my son is 3 and a half now. he is fully toilet trained for a year already but at night he wears diapers or pullups. why? because every morning he wakes up with a stinky present for me in his diaper. not a full load but only a bit to drive me crazy. I can't stand the smell and the fact that he IS a big enough kid to go to the toilet!!!

lately he has been waking up at 6:30 and when I go in to tell him he has to be quiet until the sun wakes up I feel his diaper and he is totally dry. no BM no pish- nothing. but until I get out of bed for good- at about 7-7:30 he's already gone in his diaper.

we have tried everything- charts if he stays clean, he really is fully capable to go tot the bathroom instead of his diaper!!! promises, threats, praise, begging you name it.

well today was no different. he woke up DRY and I told him not to make in his diaper but to got o the toilet. he says- I don't like it when you tell me to!! ...and by the time I got up there was my present. soooo my Question is- today there is no school cause of the snow.

he asked me already if I can change him and I said" no- I don't like to. "he asked again and I said no- I told you to go to the toilet, and you didn't so enjoy your dirty diaper.
is it mean if I really leave him in it for the day- or a few hours at least? I don't know how to get through to him!!! you think I should risk putting him in underware- for the whole night?

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 9:35 am
hey micki, do you know if the morning is the time he always fills his diaper? if so, I say put him in underwear and even if he has one accident he'll probably be aware enough that he's in underwear and not to have another one next time.

as far as this morning leaving him in it, sounds like he doesnt like sitting in a dirty diaper- good training by you, because some kids dont mind Mad - and so he probably learned his lesson by hearing you say "im not going to change you, enjoy your dirty diaper." I dont think you want him to get comfortable with it on, so I think he should be changed pronto....

Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 9:38 am
oh, don't they just know how to get to us?!
mean? I don't know, you've never come across as a mean person, so I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.
but can't you just ignore it all together? like also at 6.30 am, not to give any attention to him at all? seems he's trying a little power game with you...
by us, ignoring worked best...

good luck!!!!

Tefila

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 10:54 am
Quote:
by us, ignoring worked best...

Ditto pnina
Micki it's called tough love which sometimes has to be done Wink Hatzlacha

amother

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 10:57 am
I just read an article in parenting mag about this. they said if it causes u discomfort the child will keep doing it but if it cause the child discomfort they will stop doing it as soon as they realize. so just let him sit in it!

Motek

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 4:41 pm
Quote:
when I go in to tell him he has to be quiet until the sun wakes up I feel his diaper and he is totally dry

underwear!

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 4:45 pm
can u change him into undies 1st thing in the morn?

Motek

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 4:51 pm
if he wakes up clean and dry, why shouldn't he sleep in underwear?

micki

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 5:12 pm
cause the first time a kid does that is sooo scary for me!!
I hate changing the sheets- but I think tonite is the nite he will go with undies- I've been told its better to do it now before baby than after where he may feel hey- your changing the babies diaper why not mine.so hold your breath ladies!

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 5:23 pm
if you feel like it, you can also tell him after he wakes up that if he's dirty when u wake up, this is how he will spend another day

Motek

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 5:25 pm
Quote:
so hold your breath ladies!

I hope that won't be necessary! Wink

Pearl

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 2:57 am
micki, how did it go?
I agree, try to deal/solve it b4 the baby iyh will arrive to the family.
looking forward to reading your post on this!

micki

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 8:54 am
well... drumroll here please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

HE DID IT!!! he stayed dry, slept in underware and did his buisness int he TOILET!!!! HOOORRRAAAYYYY!!!!!

we made a chart that if he stays dry in undies for 10 days he gets a prize.
now we'll see what happens tonite!!!!

Pearl

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 8:59 am
tatatatatataaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Thumbs Up

big big MAZZAL TOV!!!

gryp

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 9:44 am
congratulations to him on a big step out of babyhood! Very Happy (babyhood? is that a word?)

Pearl

Post Wed, Mar 02 2005, 9:48 am
baby kingdom is more like it Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers