Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Dry erase marker on linen

SingALong

Post Wed, Jan 05 2011, 11:12 pm
So my dd took a dry erase marker and colored all over her linen with it. What is the best way to remove these marks?

mamommommy

Post Wed, Jan 05 2011, 11:24 pm
This may be the weirdest thing, but my friend told this to me and it really works......bug spray!!

You put the stained item on top of a paper towel and then spray the bug spray on until it's soaked and then blot it with another paper towel. You'll see the marker come off on the towel under it and the one you're blotting with (keep changing both to clean spots). When you've gotten off as much as you can, spray and soak it again and put it in the wash.

This worked so well on my kids clothes. Hairspray, Murphy's Oil, nailpolish remover, also all worked to a degree, but bug spray was the best!!!

rovacat

Post Thu, Jan 06 2011, 12:23 pm
wow- I can't wait to try this. my ds just colored on my pillowcase, and I was about to throw it out. thanks for the tip

momtomany

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 2:41 pm
I think its the alchohol in the bug spray that works.
if you just used the alcohol straight it would work too.
I know alcohol takes off pen marks, maybe it works for marker too?

chamco

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 2:47 pm
Alcohol works for regular marker, but not for dry erase. I've tried everything I could on a white shirt with red dry erase marker, but I couldn't get murphy oil soap in israel (it would have cost more than the shirt). That is what most of my research said would help. I'll try bug spray if it works for you!
What finally worked best was having the child wear a vest that covers the stain LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry