Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Science vs Nature

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 12:58 pm
Do you believe that it is really science OPPOSED to nature, or that science and nature are partners?

saw50st8

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 1:30 pm
How would science oppose nature?

gp2.0

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 1:40 pm
Isn't science a part of nature?

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 1:50 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
How would science oppose nature?

I happened to agree with you but there are people who seem to see them as opposites.I want to try and understand that perspective.
I think science is given to us by G-d via human minds.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 1:54 pm
Natural Science is the study of nature. I don't see how it could conflict at all.

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 1:57 pm
Science is the mapping of nature, learning "new" things all the time, I put new between "" because it is new for us humans, while in fact it already existed, we just didn't know it. Science is studying hashems creation. Understanding nature and life better. No, not contradictory at all.

ora_43

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 2:04 pm
Do you mean technology and nature?

Science is mostly used either to create new technology, or to try to understand nature (including understanding the destructive effects of the technology). I would say it's a love-hate relationship. But that's just on the practical level, on a more theoretical level it's all love.

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 3:20 pm
ora_43 wrote:
Do you mean technology and nature?

Science is mostly used either to create new technology, or to try to understand nature (including understanding the destructive effects of the technology). I would say it's a love-hate relationship. But that's just on the practical level, on a more theoretical level it's all love.

Actually the discussion I had was more on medical/chemical science rather than all science, but I often see the two contrasted, science as applied and not just as learned. Technology, medical development, chemical etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics