Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Ami #6

deena19k

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 5:29 pm
was there a new ami this week? didn't get my copy and didn't see anyone here comment about it either...

energy11

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 5:49 pm
I'm in Balto. and didn't find one..

Isher

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 7:43 pm
I got the Ami this week. As a matter of fact my husband was quite disappointed with the Hashkafa regarding one article that he read.

crush

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 7:58 pm
Isher wrote:
I got the Ami this week. As a matter of fact my husband was quite disappointed with the Hashkafa regarding one article that he read.

I got the Ami too, and enjoyed it. Isher, which article?

queen

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 8:13 pm
I'm in Baltimore too.... Pern's did not get #6 delivered to them as of Friday, Jan 14th

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 11:54 pm
I only got around to reading Ami Living this week. Besides the cute story about bethlehem new hampshhire I found little else interesting this week.

Bliss

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 12:02 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I only got around to reading Ami Living this week. Besides the cute story about bethlehem new hampshhire I found little else interesting this week.
Ah, what do they say about Bethlehem New Hampshire? Didn't get a chance yet to check it out.

bashinda

Post Fri, Jan 21 2011, 10:27 am
Was that one of the stories from the Sarah Shapiro anthology? About the single mother of two young children who went away to a writer's workshop only to be told that her poem about her children growing up meant her house had a tumor so she ran away and ended up in Bethlehem, NH and ran into a group of chassidim (which chassidim are there?) and that started her turning to frumkeit.

deena19k

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 6:52 pm
am I the only one with a subscription still waiting for #6?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 8:22 pm
deena19k wrote:
am I the only one with a subscription still waiting for #6?

Me too (OOT USA location).

I was in NJ this Shabbos and read #7 while there, but haven't even received #6 in the mail yet -- I called Ami on Wednesday (before I'd received my mail for the day) and they were sure I'd get it that day -- but still haven't.

And, the don't even have it here in the stores.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 11:30 pm
bashinda wrote:
Was that one of the stories from the Sarah Shapiro anthology? About the single mother of two young children who went away to a writer's workshop only to be told that her poem about her children growing up meant her house had a tumor so she ran away and ended up in Bethlehem, NH and ran into a group of chassidim (which chassidim are there?) and that started her turning to frumkeit.
Bethlehem, NH is a popular summer vacation place for chasidim and MO alike. Mrs Strulowitz of Kiryas Yoel has been running the Arlington Hotel for decades. By now her grandchildren have taken over. I was there three times already. It's an amazing place; tranquil, beautiful, TONS of sightseeing and fun, and swarming with frum people in the summer! The hotel is horrible but th food is yummy. Most people stay elsewhere but take out food from arlington or eat there on shabbos.

bashinda

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 10:08 am
Thanks for the background info, Mama Bear Very Happy That helps me understand the story better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room