Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
How do I get him to stand?

craisin

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 5:24 pm
my son is gonna be 3 in 2 wks I'yh. he was toilet trained abt 9 months ago, & does not wanna stand. I never pushed him or even encouraged him in the beginning cuz he was too short to reach...
his rebbe just mentioned at PTA that he's the only kid that doesn't stand yet! where do I start? he's very comfortable sitting!?!

greenmom

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 2:50 pm
I have 2 boys, obviously my younger son stood quicker than my older one coz he watched him on a daily basis!!! Your son will not go to yeshiva still sitting on a toilet so you dont have to worry about it. Let him take it in his stride! Just give him lots of encouragement and if you can let him copy someone BIG.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 2:57 pm
He is not even 3 yet!

When I trained my foster son, he was almost three. Was the type of nature that could not care less if he ever trained - it was a challenge! And he started off sitting. Eventually he saw other boys standing and he made the transition on his own.

Don't know why the Rebbe is so worried about such a young kid....

ray family

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 4:02 pm
he'll stand when he's ready.
in the meantime enjoy the pish staying in the toilet and not having your toilet seat and walls decorated w/ it. LOL

Rodent

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 6:13 pm
He won't do it until he is ready. We tried to get our eldest to stand so many times but he just wouldn't that way. About a month ago he decided to do it on his own. We had mentioned it as being the big boy thing and he saw other boys at daycare doing it and just decided he would. He hasn't turned back. He was 4y3m! And then just 2 days ago our 3 year old decided to do it for the first time too because that's what his brother is doing. We've had none out of the toilet so hopefully being a bit older has helped with aim!

Forget what the other kids are doing, he'll do it when he's ready.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 6:28 pm
my son was scared to, but one day we were out when he had to pee. I didn't have a potty with me, and there was a tree nearby... after that he was willing to stand at the toilet. if he wanted to sit, I'd say, "remember that time you peed on the tree? wasn't that funny?"

don't push it. there's nothing wrong with sitting as long as everything ends up in the toilet.

seeker

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 7:38 pm
What in the world is the rush? Sitting can be easier and neater for many little boys. He's not even 3 yet - Many boys aren't even trained by then, be happy he goes sitting! Sometime within the next couple of years he'll probably just catch on on his own.

2busy

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 7:43 pm
I think he will do it on his own my ds used to sit until we went away nd used a bunch public toilets with dh he saw others using it and now when he stands he will tell me he made like a tatty

flmommy

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 8:54 pm
I once saw something about giving boys something to "aim at". Maybe a cheerio? I wouldn't worry about it still very young.

imasinger

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 9:08 pm
I learned this tip here on imamother:

Put him on a stool, and have him hold the top of the raised seat. It will position him just right. Once he gets the concept, he'll be able to do it on his own from the floor.

canada

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 9:35 pm
Training my ds now. I'm teaching him to sit, didn't think anything was wrong. I thought doing it this way was safe, because not long ago amother posted that the toilet seat landed on her sons aiver, and that scared me.

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 10:25 pm
I always trained my boys to sit. they all learned to stand in school from a friend....it was a lot neater when they sat. I don't even know why a rebbe would mention it. (then again where I come from, 3 year olds still have morahs.)

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 10:39 pm
Let him sit. Standing will come in due time.
For now, enjoy the clean bathroom. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training