Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Sit-n-stand

anonymom

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 4:14 pm
I have a 3 year old and a 1 month old. The three year old only needs to ride occasionally. The rest of the time I could use the space for packages. Does anyone know of a stroller with a small seat and/or step on the back for an older child? I saw such a thing in the mall and on the side it said "sit-n-stand", but I only saw it in passing and I don't know the brand or where they sell it. If anyone has any info or experience, I'd appreciate it.

red sea

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 4:27 pm
the sit and stand stroller that I've seen (not really sure which) is not good for infants imo, the seat is made for a bigger baby. I used to use a peg perego that has the hard bar in the back as a sit and stand and it worked great.

Last edited by red sea on Thu, Sep 07 2006, 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 7:36 pm
Onestepahead.com

Has an awesome sit stand stroller!

Ilove it...very light weight, nice size basket Smile

yoyosma

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 7:58 pm
There is a model from Joovy that is like a sit and stand. Look it up on Amazon, I think it even has parent reviews.

Chanie

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 8:01 pm
you can buy a buggyboard that attaches to any carriage on which the older child can stand.

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 8:10 pm
yoyosma wrote:
There is a model from Joovy that is like a sit and stand. Look it up on Amazon, I think it even has parent reviews.

I went to babysrus... the Joovy has really small wheels andthe basket is really small... Best best is to try them out..

yoyosma

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 10:47 pm
MM- I did not know that. Trying things out in the store always makes sense as well! I am one of those nuts who look at things and read numerous reviews, I do NOT buy until I am 100% certain about my purchase.

red sea

Post Thu, Sep 07 2006, 2:25 am
Chanie wrote:
you can buy a buggyboard that attaches to any carriage on which the older child can stand.

I liked that a lot too but it didnt fit on my carriage very well. I also like to try these things out in person before I buy them, 5 minutes and youve got your own opinion on whether You like it.

Secbeb

Post Thu, Sep 07 2006, 5:22 pm
I have the Joovy. The infant carseat fits well in the front (it comes with a special attchment to hold it). My 2.5 yo DD actually loves riding in the back but she also loves to try to get off and walk too so there isn't any way of actually keeping her in the stroller if she wants to get off (except that she knows she'll get hurt if she tries while we're moving - so I try to keep moving). Now that my baby is 6 months she sits regularly in the front and my 2.5 sits in the back and I can put the seatbelt on to keep her there. So:
Pros: 1. being a small person, this double stroller is sooo easy to manuever -much shorter than most (very important to me) 2. Cheap pricetag - $150.00 3. 2.5 yo dd loves to stand and we put the canopy behind her for extra support. 4. Infant carseat compatable.
Cons: 1. Basket is hard to get to 2. child in back is forced to lean forward if sitting when infant carseat is in place. 3. No way to keep child in back when standing (no restraints).

Secbeb

Post Thu, Sep 07 2006, 5:25 pm
Oh yeah - and the back seat doesn't have anything to keep it from moving so it does slide back and forth. So far - dd hasn't complained.

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, Sep 07 2006, 8:21 pm
Secbeb wrote:
Oh yeah - and the back seat doesn't have anything to keep it from moving so it does slide back and forth. So far - dd hasn't complained.

One step ahead about $153 sometimes they have 10% off off sometimes freeshipping

Also to note they do have restraints for standing.. and the seat in the back is perm..and does not slip around

anonymom

Post Sat, Sep 09 2006, 9:25 pm
Thank you all for the info. I haven't been able to get onto the computer till now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics