Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
WHAT Is Keeping Me From Losing? Please Help Me!!
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 9:54 am
I am breastfeeding on the mini pill and on Zoloft.

I am also on the Cinch diet with a nutritionist, taking vitamins and doing vigorous exercise.By vigorous exercise I mean Jillian Michaels 30 day shred plus more.

Why Why Why is the weight not coming off??? I am so depressed right now that I'm petrified by my thoughts right now.

I have checked my thyroids and it is fine thank g-d.

If I don't get this figured out then I am scared of what my thoughts will lead me to do.

Please help me. I suffer from depression (taking care of it) but this is making me extremely extremely depressed. Please help me!

Merrymom

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 10:00 am
What is the cinch diet? Can you write it out a bit here? Are you eating late at night, eating lots of sugary foods and/or white bread,pasta, and rice?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 10:01 am
It could be your pill, or your Zoloft. Both are known to cause weight gain, or in your case, at least prevent loss.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 10:07 am
Merrymom wrote:
What is the cinch diet? Can you write it out a bit here? Are you eating late at night, eating lots of sugary foods and/or white bread,pasta, and rice?

No sugar No white flour and not eating late at night. I'm really eating healthy and dietetic.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 10:10 am
amother wrote:
It could be your pill, or your Zoloft. Both are known to cause weight gain, or in your case, at least prevent loss.

How can they override the results of dieting and vigorous exercise? If I'm eating less calories than I put out shouldn't I be losing weight automatically? Especially if I'm eating healthy to boot

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 10:14 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

How can they override the results of dieting and vigorous exercise? If I'm eating less calories than I put out shouldn't I be losing weight automatically? Especially if I'm eating healthy to boot

oh, how do I wish that weight loss was always as simple as "calories in vs. calories out."

I know for a fact that exercise doesn't help me lose weight.

There is so much more that goes into weight loss and weight gain. Stress, hormones, and gentics play a factor as well. Medications can as well.

Merrymom

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 10:42 am
How long have you been on this diet and what kind of exercise are you doing? You might want to start using free weights as building muscle (just a little, nothing uns*xy, talking 5-10 lb. weights) really helps you to lose weight. Also are you getting too much sodium in your diet and retaining water?

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 10:44 am
Also, sometimes if you are drastically reducing calories your body can go into "starvation mode" for a few weeks and try to hold on to weight. That happened to me.

thatgirl

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 10:46 am
When you wrote cinch diet I thought you were refering to the Shaklee Cinch weight loss.
Its something that you may want to try. I am hearing that a lot of people are losing weight from it.
Also what is your blood type? You may want to follow your blood type diet.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 11:16 am
thatgirl wrote:
When you wrote cinch diet I thought you were refering to the Shaklee Cinch weight loss.
Its something that you may want to try. I am hearing that a lot of people are losing weight from it.

I am referring to the Shaklee Cinch diet. I took all my bloodwork as per my nutritionist's request and am working according to that.

I do weights, plus aerobics.

I am not eating salty foods at all.

I am not eating too little calories. Just a very healthy diet.

I'm telling you that something doesn't make sense. I'm doing everything right. I think I should just want into the bakery and eat to my heart's content. I might as well enjoy life. I'll worry about my depression and crazy thoughts later.

Merrymom

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 11:27 am
amother wrote:
thatgirl wrote:

I am referring to the Shaklee Cinch diet. I took all my bloodwork as per my nutritionist's request and am working according to that.

I'm telling you that something doesn't make sense. I'm doing everything right. I think I should just want into the bakery and eat to my heart's content. I might as well enjoy life. I'll worry about my depression and crazy thoughts later.

How many days have you been on this diet?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 11:37 am
Merrymom wrote:
amother wrote:
thatgirl wrote:

How many days have you been on this diet?

About 3 months.
(thanks merrymom for responding to all my posts as well as all the other responders. I feel like someone actually cares)

Merrymom

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 11:59 am
Did you get checked for polycystic ovarian syndrome? That's one reason why some women can't lose weight. Also you should have your doctor send you to an endocrinologist to have your hormones checked (maybe they can both be checked by the endo.)

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 12:11 pm
Merrymom wrote:
Did you get checked for polycystic ovarian syndrome? That's one reason why some women can't lose weight. Also you should have your doctor send you to an endocrinologist to have your hormones checked (maybe they can both be checked by the endo.)

I agree. Because of my PCOS only certain very specific diets work for me.

Imhappy!

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 12:59 pm
hugs OP I wish I had the magic band to wave over all of us... the main thing is to FEEL good.
maybe jsut chuck away your scale... u didnt mention what weight you are at . if you already thin/healthy chances are that your body will stay at a healthy weight. if you are overweight well then its a differnt sotry( coming from an overweight woman.)

mirebella what is the PCOS diet?

losingweight

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 1:19 pm
CHANGE YOUR DIET!! Your body is obviously holding onto whatever you are eating cuz you need that amount to survive.n Pm me and I'll help you. I also had a time that I was on a diet and I gained weight and my exclsively bf baby lost. I chsanged my plan completely and am bh doing great.

suzyq

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 1:32 pm
I was at my heaviest when I was on the pill and Zoloft. Maybe you can ask your doctor to switch you to a anti-depressant that doesn't have that side effect - it might really help. I've had other friends who have noticed the weight gain with the pill mixed with anti-depressants. I'm not sure why doctors don't usually put it together, but it definitely does something to your body to make weight loss extremely difficult.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 3:14 pm
Merrymom wrote:

Thanks for this piece of advice

amother

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 3:14 pm
suzyq wrote:
I was at my heaviest when I was on the pill and Zoloft. Maybe you can ask your doctor to switch you to a anti-depressant that doesn't have that side effect - it might really help. I've had other friends who have noticed the weight gain with the pill mixed with anti-depressants. I'm not sure why doctors don't usually put it together, but it definitely does something to your body to make weight loss extremely difficult.

Thanks I am calling my doctor today!

amother

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 3:15 pm
losingweight wrote:
CHANGE YOUR DIET!! Your body is obviously holding onto whatever you are eating cuz you need that amount to survive.n Pm me and I'll help you. I also had a time that I was on a diet and I gained weight and my exclsively bf baby lost. I chsanged my plan completely and am bh doing great.

Thanks.

Is it OK if I send you an anonymous email address?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise