Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight Watchers - Calling All Point-er Sisters!!

CatLady

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 5:58 pm
I've been doing WW for > 2 years, down 65 pounds (4 before I joined WW, to be precise) and pretty close to goal. In various threads around Imamother, I've seen other people who are on WW - I thought I'd start this thread so we could have some accountability, some support, etc.

C'mon over, bring your water bottles. *passes virtual platter of 0-Points fruit*

bubby

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 6:41 pm
I wish I could contribute positively, other than to say I find it quite easy to keep to it. I just don't see good results. Disappointed, but persevering anyway! Glad to hear you've done so well, you're an inspiration! Can you post before & after pics (with your head off if you want to remain anon!) so we can all ooh & aah?

Yocheved84

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 7:51 pm
I'm also down 65 (30 more to go). Did you do it online or in person?

CatLady

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 6:30 am
Thanks for the positive feedback! I'll post pics when I can figure out how to do it - I have to take a photo of my "before" photo and then save it to Photobucket.

Yocheved, you're doing amazingly well, too! I'm a "meetings" person. What about you?

Bubby, hang in there. Eventually, your body will adapt to the new reality and the pounds will drop off. Here's the Wendie Plan - in a nutshell, it's calorie cycling, and it's very livable. I'm giving it a shot, to shake things up because I really would like to drop a few more pounds. For Pesach, I plan to do the Maggie Plan variation, which covers me for the seders. See what you think and if you really wanna engineer this, you can do the Wendie Plan and start counting your Points at dinner, which covers your high day all thru Shabbat! Diabolical, huh? *mwahaha*

Pick any day for your Day 1. Then eat your points as follows:

Day 1: target +5 to 7 points
Day 2: Target + 1 point
Day 3: Target +15 to 20 points
Day 4: Target points only
Day 5: Target +4 to 5 points
Day 6: Target +2 points
Day 7: Target points only.

Target means your Daily Points.
If you follow this exactly, you'll use 27 -35 of your 49 weekly points. So if you go a little off any one given day, you'll still remain within all your points for the week.

As for AP's, there are a couple different ideas about how to use them but this is what we've been following. Earn them of course but then there are three options - 1) Wendie didn't use them because that's how she got the best consistent losses 2) only use a couple on your target days on really healthy stuff 3) if you're earning 35 or more a week, just add one or two to your target pts. before figuring out the formula... that way you make sure to be fueled for the week.

OR, try this variant of the Wendie Plan that we call the Maggie Plan:

Use all 49 WPA's in the first 3-4 days of your week, then stick to target for the last 3-4. It seems to work for many of the women on this board who try it. There are a few rules with it, though--you MUST follow the Good Health Guidelines, eat good healthy food. and have a glass of milk late afternoon/early evening.

Yocheved84

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 6:36 am
Sounds interesting--I should give it a try! I'll confess that I haven't been counting my points the past couple months :/ but today is day 1 to get back to doing that Smile

amother

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 6:50 am
can someone explain this system for a non-member? I'm "looking into" weight loss plans for me and my dd. Actually I have not too much interest in losing weight myself, although I could more than afford to lose at least 30 lbs. but I figure that my dd will never get moving on it without myself as an example. She needs to probably lose about 60 lbs. Sad

amother

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 6:50 am
can someone explain this system for a non-member? I'm "looking into" weight loss plans for me and my dd. Actually I have not too much interest in losing weight myself, although I could more than afford to lose at least 30 lbs. but I figure that my dd will never get moving on it without myself as an example. She needs to probably lose about 60 lbs. Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise