Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Chanukas Habayis Buffet - what to serve?

simchamommy

Post Sun, May 08 2011, 2:33 pm
What's an appropriate spread for a chanukas habayis - fleishig, dinner time but not a sit down meal.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 08 2011, 2:40 pm
You don't have to serve a meal. A lechaim, cakes and nuts are plenty.

tzipp

Post Sun, May 08 2011, 2:43 pm
cold cuts, pasta salad, and salad?

elmos

Post Sun, May 08 2011, 5:19 pm
how about buffet style setup with a salad bar and some hot stuff likepigs in the blanket, mini bourekas, small meatballs, rice maybe noodles and cabbage chicken wings or drumettes or nuggets it really depends on if you want a sudah style or you can do cake and fruit and veg platter or cake and some salads

mha3484

Post Mon, May 09 2011, 12:11 pm
I would go with small things that dont need silverware. I have the hardest time balancing cups plates and forks while standing up. In addition to elmos suggestions you can make sliders, the mini meatballs can be on toothpicks, chicken or salmon skwers, fruit and cake on a skewer for dessert.

simchamommy

Post Tue, May 10 2011, 2:19 pm
I like the idea of everything mini and finger foods - but in addition if I put out a regular salad and two others what are some good ideas? angel hair pasta? sesame noodles? any other ideas?

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 10 2011, 2:22 pm
Make buffet style of sesame nuggest, low mein, franks n blanks, noodles n cabbage, and rice and have salads on the table.

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 10 2011, 2:40 pm
imak wrote:
I like the idea of everything mini and finger foods - but in addition if I put out a regular salad and two others what are some good ideas? angel hair pasta? sesame noodles? any other ideas?
If you want to stick to finger foods, do a veggie stick platter with 2 or 3 dip options.
Cut up melons with toothpicks.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, May 10 2011, 3:33 pm
for finger buffet meaty mains, you can do cocktail meatballs, cocktail sausages, mini chicken or lamb kebabs (cube meat, marinate and skew in toothpicks) or chicken wings
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics