Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Skinny but dont fit. Chizzuk Please
1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 1:30 am
Background: I was always a size 2-4.
After baby 1 I went back to size and shape within 6 weeks. I didn't even know it can be otherwise. Add 11 months and another baby and I'm stuck with 20 pounds. My baby is 4 months old and I have not lost a single pound!

I'm exclusively breast feeding. Not gaining and not losing.

Don't get me wrong please, I'm not fat. I'm just not myself. I simply do not fit in my clothing and I do not afford a new wardrobe. It's devastating!! Anyone here know what I mean?

I'm rather natural minded and have a healthy diet. (I don't get to eat 3 meals a day because I'm so occupied with 2 babies.) But I eat healthy and nutritional foods.
I do drink many cups of coffee a day. Can that be a cause??

I have no mood to exercise. No interest or need for a specific company diet.
My dh is pushing me to swim. He claims even if I won't lose weight from it I will feel better. Do you think that's possible? Maybe I just need a boost to start...
Any chizzuk from someone here that was in this situation?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 1:37 am
amother wrote:
Background: I was always a size 2-4.
After baby 1 I went back to size and shape within 6 weeks. I didn't even know it can be otherwise. Add 11 months and another baby and I'm stuck with 20 pounds. My baby is 4 months old and I have not lost a single pound!

I'm exclusively breast feeding. Not gaining and not losing.

Don't get me wrong please, I'm not fat. I'm just not myself. I simply do not fit in my clothing and I do not afford a new wardrobe. It's devastating!! Anyone here know what I mean?

I'm rather natural minded and have a healthy diet. (I don't get to eat 3 meals a day because I'm so occupied with 2 babies.) But I eat healthy and nutritional foods.
I do drink many cups of coffee a day. Can that be a cause??

I have no mood to exercise. No interest or need for a specific company diet.
My dh is pushing me to swim. He claims even if I won't lose weight from it I will feel better. Do you think that's possible? Maybe I just need a boost to start...
Any chizzuk from someone here that was in this situation?
What your husband is saying about swimming making you feel better even if you dont lose weight is very smart. Exercising or just moving more makes one feel better. Why dont you take walks with your baby if you dont want to swim.
Also, I know that eating breakfast is VERY important as is eating three full meals a day. This is something that you should try to work out to do, it is very important. This could also be something that is hindering your weight loss. Not eating properly is not good for ones body, at all. I have a friend who eats very little, but she does not eat three meals a day at all and she is very overweight because she is not eating right.

amother

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 1:51 am
Thank you Shabbat for your reply.

You have a point about the breakfast. I start my day with a coffee and that doesn't let me eat for a few hours. So I guess that needs some editing from my part.

I make sure to get out of the house minimum twice a week. I don't know if you have little kids around, but with an infant and toddler living 2 flights up, it's just not very easy to get out... And when I get out it's mainly to the park (a 5 minute distance) or to grandparents (10 minute walk). Not really much exercise....
The only time I can get out myself (and figure the babies feeding schedule to match) is on Fridays when dh is home. He will stay with the kids fridays if I go to the local pool. I don't want to pay the membership and start becasue I'm afraid what if I won't see results.?? I'm afraid ill give up too fast. I don't want to get depressed about it. I literally don't have with what to get out of the house.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 1:55 am
What about an evening walk after your children are asleep already. Is your husband home early enough that you could take a 30 - 40 minute walk every night or every other night?
Or what about finding a used piece of exercise equipment. I dont know where you live but I know here in Israe you could post on one of the many yahoo groups that you are looking for a bike or treadmill or something, then you could do that in the house after your kids are asleep.

amother

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 2:12 am
Exercise equipment is not possible so that's why dh is pushing me for swimming.
Walks at night rarely works out but it may be possible if ill put my head to it. I just want to know in advance approximately how long it can take to see or feel a difference..?? Crying embarrassed

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 2:14 am
amother wrote:
Exercise equipment is not possible so that's why dh is pushing me for swimming.
Walks at night rarely works out but it may be possible if ill put my head to it. I just want to know in advance approximately how long it can take to see or feel a difference..?? Crying embarrassed
I can tell you that to feel different, I started going on a stationary bike and started FEELING better almost the next day. I did not see a difference right away. That depends on how often you do some sort of moving around.

Ill also tell you, my husband goes swimming probably at least 4 - 5 times a week and he says that he feels good, even if the weight does not come off very quickly for him, he just feels good and I have heard from some doctors that swimming davka is one of the best exercises to do out there.

amother

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 2:26 am
I was in the same situation op.
Swimming works and get a partner to stay obligated and motivated. It may seem like a long time but it took 3 months to get back to myself. I am still 10 pounds more than my normal weight but I don't care. I fit in my clothing and I'm back into my figure. I didn't step on the scale all the time from when I started until I fit comfortably in my clothes. I'm surprised the 10 pounds is still there but I don't care what the scale says. I know what I feel. After 2 weeks of 2 times a week swimming I became a new person. I felt more light weight, easier mobility and a clear mind. I've done it twice already.
During pregnancy I joined the pregnant swimming exercise club in my pool and did special pregnant exercise in the pool. I gained only 20 pounds total and had a much smoother pregnancY and recovery. you might want to keep that in mind for later.

So my best advice:
Get a partner
Swim twice a week
Do stretch muscle exercise (no machines)
Stay away from the scale
Drink coffee only AFTER meals
Give yourself some time And get back to the thread when you see progress.

Signing, someone that's BTDT

freidasima

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 2:32 am
You can exercise on a cheap mat in your house lifting water bottles and cans as weights. Doesn't cost a thing. Put on jazzy music on your radio or whatever, stick the toddler into a playpen near you and put the baby in a carriage or whatever and just start exercising. Kids don't have to be underfoot and yes, you can "cage them in" for your own health for 20 minutes a day when they are right next to you. They will like the music, be amused by your antics and it's great for your health.

Do you shower daily? Do you daven daily? Do you eat daily? Do you put on underwear daily? Then you can learn to exercise daily. Same time every day, same amount of time more or less. Make the committment and you will see it being worth it.

And to lose a person has to eat less, no matter what type of diet they are on. Quantities count unless you are living in the first place from lettuce, green pepper and cucumbers with an apple once a day, and none of us are...so try at one meal to eat a quarter less than you would normally eat of everything. Just one quarter once a day. Keep to it for a month and see if you haven't lost at least a pound or even more by doing it. It's really not hard to do it so slowly and that, together with the exercise might just make it 2 pounds a month, meaning in ten months you lose the 20 pounds and can also keep them off as they came off slowly.

ewa-jo

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 3:43 am
If someone told me to go start exercising 4 months after I had given birth, I would laugh in their face!

What I do (while pregnant and post-partum) is to plop the baby in a stroller and do some errands.... walk to the deli or the fruit store to buy a few things. Nothing crazy, just a nice relaxed walk. It's nice for the baby to get some fresh air.

Walking is good exercise.

Inspired

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 5:05 am
Exercise is good for you, it will make you feel better and make you stronger.

Having babies changes your bosy. Your bones shift. You may not be the same size, in the bones, that you were before your baby. We are constantly hanging and evolving. Its good to embrace that.

Isramom8

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 7:15 am
OP, this happens. On the one hand, accept the process. On the other hand, exercise to acheive your personal best - even if it isn't what is was when you were younger and childless.

amother

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 11:01 am
Op here

Freidasima why do you say a person needs to eat less to lose? I eat very little to begin with. With the 20 pounds over that I am I weigh 130 pounds and I'm 5.7' tall. I eat 3 proteins a day plus vegetables and rarely any starch because I don't like them. If the food I'm eating is too much I should have gained more by now, no???

Thank you all for your replies. I guess I am motivated by now... I did some exercise now in the morning, not too much but at least I'm starting finally.

Inspired

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 11:15 am
You are not too heavy at 130 and 5'7". You are at the low end of normal. I'm sorry you want to be emaciated. If you lost 20 lbs you would be underweight. You should probably talk to a nutritionist. It seems like your body image and nutrition ideas are not realistic.

amother

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 11:21 am
Before you have your coffee, have some granola with yoghurt, then have yoru coffee.

You can always make an eggwhite ommelette (with cheese if you desire) and eat it with some whole weat crackers.... EASY is the thing.

suzyq

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 11:30 am
Inspired wrote:
You are not too heavy at 130 and 5'7". You are at the low end of normal. I'm sorry you want to be emaciated. If you lost 20 lbs you would be underweight. You should probably talk to a nutritionist. It seems like your body image and nutrition ideas are not realistic.

I agree.

amother

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 11:32 am
Inspired wrote:

Uh, that's what I always was and I spoke to a nutritionist many times and I'm on a healthy diet/lifestyle. 115 is my normal weight and yes I'm more to the skinny skinny side. I don't want to lose the extra 20 pounds for fun, please read my original post, I need to fit in my clothes and feel good. Just like a 200 pound person gains 20 and feels uchy, same here.
Again, don't get me wrong please.

Inspired

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 11:35 am
Maybe as a mother this is your new shape. Enjoy it. Get some new clothes.
You cannot compare your situation at all to someone who weighs 220 lbs. 130 is normal and healthy. 220 is not.

amother

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 11:40 am
Inspired you totally did not get my point.. Crying no offense, please re read. Or don't..
You mean to tell me that 20 pounds on my rear is healthy and that's the way it 'should' stay??
Others here were a bit helpful, at least I know I can TRY.

Inspired

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 11:44 am
You spoke to a nutritionist many times, so I don't see why you started this thread.
Of course you can TRY to be underweight.

amother

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 11:51 am
Inspired wrote:
You spoke to a nutritionist many times, so I don't see why you started this thread.
Of course you can TRY to be underweight.

Yup in the past I spoke to a nutritionist. Now I live in a different country and I don't know any here. Instead of searching for one I made life easier for myself and came to ask here. You took the topic off track and excuse me for saying so but you are being rude to me!
Look at the thread title, I asked for chizzuk please. Wonderful women took their time to give me eitzas. I feel grateful to them.
If you have nothing to add or if you still don't understand why I started the thread, kindly stay away. Don't like don't look.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise