Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Need advice on wording for upshernish invitation

smileyface

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 7:46 am
Hi, My sons upshernish is coming up, and we are just working out the invitation.
We are doing it in our house. we have a lot of family and friends who are older people with out children and quite a few friends with children so we thought we'd make two shifts b/c our house isnt that big- 1:30- 300 for the ppl without kids and 3;00-4:30- for all th family and friends with kids.
Now that we are working on the invitations Im not sure what to write for the time. we are getting a nice invitation printed and my husband doesn't want to leave the time blank and just handwrite the time. Any suggestions for wording.

TIA

momX3

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 9:43 am
Can you do half the invitations printed with one time and the other half with the other half.

If not, maybe write Friends at xx time & Family at xx time.
You can only do that if it is clear who is family and who are friends. Also make sure that anyone without kids will not be insulted that you are separating it based on if they have kids or not.
Maybe also circle the appropriate time for each invitation based on who you are sending it to before you send it. Maybe your husband will go for a hand written circle rather that a hand written time - which looks like you didn't have the info in time to print. The circle looks like you are personalizing it to each person.

Hope this was helpful and good luck with all your plans
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics