Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Should I miss the simcha?

amother

Post Sun, Jul 10 2011, 4:22 pm
I am amother so I can be as detailed as possible here.

A coworker of mine is making a simcha about an hour away. We are close and next year I will be switching jobs so I would really like to go (we are from different communities- I won't see her much again unless I make a real effort). I do not have a car and I cannot get there by public transportation, especially at night (would need to change from trains to buses not safe etc). Usually when there are coworker simchas I go with either of 3 people. 2 of them are in the country and the 3rd is home but I am not 100% sure she was invited (only like 85% sure). I would ask the Ba'al hasimcha if this other coworker was invited but I have no way to reach her in the country. Do I call the woman who slight chance was not invited or do I not go at all?

punktfarkert

Post Sun, Jul 10 2011, 4:31 pm
Absolutely no way to reach her in the country? No phone / email etc.?

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 10 2011, 6:51 pm
If you really, truly have no idea how to contact the baalat hasimcha, go retro and send her a telegram. Unless "the country" means "requiring three days of heavy machete work to reach the nearest footpath"--the heart of the Congolese jungle,e.g.--surely someone from your place of work knows where she went, even if it's only the name of a bungalow colony. Google will find you the rest of the address.

Don't you have her cell phone number?

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 12:09 am
If you dont have her country number, call her home phone in the city. Most people have call forwarding or at least listen to their answering machine

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 29 2015, 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 1:35 pm
op here

Work is closed for the summer. I don't have her cell number and her house number has no room on the voicemail.
We are from totally different communities and I wouldnt have a clue of someone who might even know where in the country she is.

Is there a way to phrase the question to the co-worker that might be going that would not be pareve finding out if she as invited/going?

It's been 2 weeks of trying to contact the baal hasimcha, I need another plan.

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 9:28 pm
Did you ask this coworker if she has the BH's summer address/phone?

de_goldy

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 10:09 pm
Why can't you just ask the coworker if she's invited?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette