Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
New Hampshire: the flume or the lost river?

Reality

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 10:07 pm
If I can only go to one of these beautiful places which one should I go to?

I am going together with a few kids that are good walkers but still young.

Anybody who has been to both please help me decide ASAP!! Thanks!!

JustPlainMe

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 10:11 pm
Flume meanin Attitash?

Reality

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 10:20 pm
I don't think so. The flume as in Franconia Notch.

JustPlainMe

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 10:31 pm
The lost river is beautiful but a LOT of walking and steps involved. Kids are kids and they do tire out faster than adults. depending on age, I wouldn't take under 10 year olds on that hike.
Since I didn't visit the other place I don't think I can help you with a decision..

Reality

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 10:40 pm
thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it!

Has anybody been to both places?

missknowitall

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 11:05 pm
I've been to both many times as a child. They were both beautiful. The lost river is a lot of walking but its fun climbing up and down. I think as a child I liked lost river a lot more. I thought the flume was a little boring.

Liba

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 11:10 pm
We have tickets to go to The Flume IY"H tomorrow as well as their cable cars, it was a combo ticket. I am really looking forward to it and can IY"H tell you how it went when we get back. Smile

Depressed

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 11:46 pm
Reality wrote:
If I can only go to one of these beautiful places which one should I go to?

I am going together with a few kids that are good walkers but still young.

Anybody who has been to both please help me decide ASAP!! Thanks!!

The Flume, w/o a doubt been there so many times its great..

kitov

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 11:53 pm
The Flume hands down. And I've been to both.

I remember wanting to bottle the sounds and freshcrisp air at one spot, where the flume actually is.

Entirely awesome.

imabima

Post Wed, Jul 27 2011, 7:24 am
Another vote for the flume.

Liba

Post Wed, Jul 27 2011, 10:32 pm
The Flume was B"H totally beautiful, but it was a lot of walking. We took the bus up (it goes about half way to the falls) but made the "mistake" of walking back so we could see everything. The walk there was very steeply up hill and the trails back were steep down and there were several points with steep inclines on the way back as well.

As much as we had the kids use the bathroom before we set out, we had to rush back because one of the little ones needed the toilet again. Smile My little kids were also in sandals, and most of the path is made of small pebbles, which didn't mix. Good sturdy shoes would have been a huge help.

kitov

Post Wed, Jul 27 2011, 10:41 pm
Liba wrote:
The Flume was B"H totally beautiful, but it was a lot of walking. We took the bus up (it goes about half way to the falls) but made the "mistake" of walking back so we could see everything. The walk there was very steeply up hill and the trails back were steep down and there were several points with steep inclines on the way back as well.

As much as we had the kids use the bathroom before we set out, we had to rush back because one of the little ones needed the toilet again. Smile My little kids were also in sandals, and most of the path is made of small pebbles, which didn't mix. Good sturdy shoes would have been a huge help.

IIRC, they advise you to wear shoes with non-skid soles. Or was it somewhere else where I saw this poster?

Liba

Post Wed, Jul 27 2011, 11:32 pm
I didn't see anything and I read the signs, but B"H it did work out okay and the kids had a great time, even if we stopped often to take pebbles out of sandals. I am really glad we went. I just wish we had been a bit better prepared and had taken the bus both ways. Smile

Mini Cookie

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 8:57 pm
Is the Flume advisable for little kids as well? Tots?

Liba

Post Mon, Aug 08 2011, 1:46 am
It is a lot of walking and totally not stroller accessible. If your kids are good walker or you your baby is in a carrier (backpack, sling, front back) it could work well though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics