Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lancaster, PA

mom25

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 2:43 pm
I'm planning a trip to Lancaster, PA area.

Does anyone know if there is a place to grill somewhere there? (to take along my own!)

Also, I'm not taking my kids along, its just my DH & I. Any other ideas in that area that we can go? We're not interested in rides.....

Also, We're coming from NY, is there anything interesting on the way where we can stop over? attractions? restaurants?.....

TIA

wwmom

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 3:35 pm
You can grill in the parking lot, or deck of your hotel. That's what we did.
Along the way is Longwood Gardens which is beautiful. Also Herr's potato chip factory is great, but I'm not sure if it's exaclty along the way, or past Lancaster, but we did it when we went.

Cookiegirl

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 4:00 pm
You can check out the Martin Guitar Factory Tour on your way to Lancaster from NY. It's pretty cool...

mom25

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 4:53 pm
wwmom wrote:
You can grill in the parking lot, or deck of your hotel. That's what we did.
Along the way is Longwood Gardens which is beautiful. Also Herr's potato chip factory is great, but I'm not sure if it's exaclty along the way, or past Lancaster, but we did it when we went.

Which hotel was it? They allow it?

PA is pretty short vacation, so was thinking if there is something on the way, doesnt have to be in PA

mom25

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 4:53 pm
Cookiegirl wrote:
You can check out the Martin Guitar Factory Tour on your way to Lancaster from NY. It's pretty cool...

What do you see there?

Dev80

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 4:59 pm
Hershey's not to far...dh and I keep saying that if I'm not expecting the next time we go to America, we are totally going to an amusement park Smile.

Mini Cookie

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 11:43 pm
Fun for kids http://www.pleasetouchmuseum.org/

mom25

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 5:00 pm
To anyone that went to Lancaster - Which hotel did you stay?

I'm looking for a well priced hotel thats decent. (not too expensive like Marriot....)

The one I was planning to go doesnt have anything available for my dates.

chaya35

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 5:04 pm
Doubletree, Edenresort, & Willow Valley are all supposed to be great.

I stayed at Doubletree and they sometimes have specials if you stay with them on Sun & Mon in July & August u get 2 free tickets to Dutchwonderland or Hershey. I think willowvalley may also offer this.

Country Inn & Suites and Lancaster Host were also pretty good.

mom25

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 5:21 pm
chaya35 wrote:
Doubletree, Edenresort, & Willow Valley are all supposed to be great.

I stayed at Doubletree and they sometimes have specials if you stay with them on Sun & Mon in July & August u get 2 free tickets to Dutchwonderland or Hershey. I think willowvalley may also offer this.

Country Inn & Suites and Lancaster Host were also pretty good.

Do you know if any of them have a fridge and/or microwave?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 5:53 pm
We stayed last year in the Comfort suites-it was well priced and very clean. They also gave breakfast so we got cereals and fruits. This year we stayed in the Doubletree.Was very nice and they had a fridge. There is a nice picnic area by choo choo barn that has table so you might be able to grill there. You can go to Hershys chocolate factory which is cute for adults too. Herrs is also nice as well as a horse and buggy ride through the amish.

chaya35

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 5:54 pm
Doubletree & Country Inn & Suites definately have. I imagine Edenresort & Willow valley have. Lancaster Host the room I had didn't have but it wasn't a problem since we were only there one night so I used my ice box with ice from the hotel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics