Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
I'm now an ebay master :)
1  2  3  Next

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Oct 27 2006, 12:32 pm
I'm so excited... I got a part time job from home, to manage a store's ebaying. I just started and am really excited, because ebay comes easily to me and I always dreamed of having/running an ebay store. It's not a lot of money but enough that I can put it away and have enough money for medical treatment to try for a second child next year Smile. Yay! Hey, come check it out, maybe you can even snag something cheap and cool for chanukah gifts!! Smile

http://stores.ebay.com/WHAT-A-BARGAIN

happy2beme

Post Fri, Oct 27 2006, 12:54 pm
congrats mindy!
lots of luck

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Oct 27 2006, 12:58 pm
Oh, and when I suggested you fnd work, you poo-poo'd me........

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Fri, Oct 27 2006, 1:38 pm
Mindy are they paying you per hour or by what you sell? how are you working it?

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Oct 27 2006, 2:00 pm
Sara, they approached ME with the offer and I jumped at it, cuz this is the kind of work I love. I dont remember you telling me to find a job and pooh poohing you. I was always ready to work from home but didnt find anything to do.

ambassador, I'm getting paid $10 an hour and am so far only working 10 hours a week. My duties include listing, relisting, responding to email queries, packing and shipping out the stuff (I use stamps.com), and recordingn the profit/loss on a spreadsheet. I think it'll be more than 10 hours a week as time goes on, and I hope I can work it up so that my 'boss' makes more than my weekly salary Very Happy

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Oct 27 2006, 3:56 pm
I remember being QUITE insulted.

I just wanted you to have nice things, that's all, and you threw "the amount of time I'm online" in my face.

The only way I could ever even buy groceries for more than one week at a time was if I was working; whatever job I took, telemarketing from home or full time secretarial in an office.

The only way I could buy this apt was to get benefits from work and shop the sales and really scrimp and pinch.

I just felt bad for you, that's all. You seemed to be able to handle it, and you didn't want to hear it from me.

I'm friend, not foe, after all.

Tefila

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 11:05 pm
Mindy I am doing well b"h on ebay too though not what you're doing exactly.
And I have made this my tzedakah project Wink

I am not gonna say who I am on there though Tongue Out

amother

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 11:54 pm
I love ebay. Here's my link. Mindy, if you enjoy it, would you undertake doing my managing too, if I need? I'm currently hiring someone local, but if it doesnt work out maybe I would look for someone.
anonyous, cuz I don't want to give out my screenname.

http://stores.ebay.com/Unique-.....QtZkm

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 1:16 am
SaraG wrote:
I remember being QUITE insulted.

I just wanted you to have nice things, that's all, and you threw "the amount of time I'm online" in my face.

The only way I could ever even buy groceries for more than one week at a time was if I was working; whatever job I took, telemarketing from home or full time secretarial in an office.

The only way I could buy this apt was to get benefits from work and shop the sales and really scrimp and pinch.

I just felt bad for you, that's all. You seemed to be able to handle it, and you didn't want to hear it from me.

I'm friend, not foe, after all.
I'm so confused! I dontknow what youre talking bout here. please pm me and explain.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 1:16 am
amother wrote:
I love ebay. Here's my link. Mindy, if you enjoy it, would you undertake doing my managing too, if I need? I'm currently hiring someone local, but if it doesnt work out maybe I would look for someone.
anonyous, cuz I don't want to give out my screenname.

http://stores.ebay.com/Unique-.....QtZkm

One ebay store at a time is enough fo rme now :)but I canfind other people to do it for you if you need!

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 10:17 pm
MIndy.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 10:44 pm
Hi,
I am an avid ebay seller too.
I just lost my powerseller status though and hope to get it back asap.
I dont have many things online now cause I took a break till after yom tov.
I will be adding things one by one.
I am also posting privately and hope I won't get found out because I'd rather remain private.
GOOD LUCK Mindy.
http://stores.ebay.com/Pink-Bl.....QtZkm

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 12:01 am
wow amother where do you get your stuf??? very cool stuff Smile! how's it going?

Mevater

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 12:20 am
[quote="amother"]Hi,
I am an avid ebay seller too.
I just lost my powerseller status though and hope to get it back asap.
I dont have many things online now cause I took a break till after yom tov.
I will be adding things one by one.
I am also posting privately and hope I won't get found out because I'd rather remain private.
GOOD LUCK Mindy.
http://stores.ebay.com/Pink-Bl...../quot

Very Happy I am thrilled that a discussion about selling on Ebay started here. I have been buying on Ebay for a couple of years now and I love it and was thinking of starting a small Ebay business, but wasn't confident about designing the Webpage and all the other things you have to do and know to become a seller. Where did you learn? How complicated is it? Do I need someone to teach me at the beginning? How did you start? Thanks a million for any help.

Attention all Ebay sellers-What is the major difference between buying and selling besides having a product to sell and shipping arrangements? Whay are the most impotant things to do and know to avoid costly mistakes?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 10:38 am
I'm also on ebay and so are my kids and most of my siblings and cousins. Hope to see you there!

Last edited by chocolate moose on Mon, Oct 30 2006, 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 10:41 am
It doesn't take much to sell a few items here and there, it's a lot more difficult to make it into a business and put up a working website and everything else that goes into it. My dad sells his antiques during the summer and it's definitely a full time job. Just coming up with descriptions of certain items can take a lot of research.

momofgirls

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 10:41 am
Sara, that was not very nice when someone is excited about something you don't go and tell them what is the big deal. If you can't say something nice don't say it.

HappyPurim

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 10:58 am
Good Luck Mindy, its fun and brings in money, my hub started ebay a year ago ive been doing his work but with no pay Sad but its fun....

Mevater

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 11:03 am
Smile Did you all need professional help to design the web page (or anything else needed to sell)- or did you do it all yourselves?
Please forward any selling advice you can think of. It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 11:12 am
I jsut don't want her to get too excited...everyone and his brother is on ebay and has been for years.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics